Lidl Bank Holiday Mon May 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davefb

Guru
I suddenly need a cadence sensor....
oh. but its for the phone.. hmm

LocalLad

Ok, stupid question of the day...what's the cadence sensor for? I have a bike on a turbo, for which I bought a 6 quid cycle computer (magnet attached to the wheel). What would be the advantage of the cadence sensor over it?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Ok, stupid question of the day...what's the cadence sensor for? I have a bike on a turbo, for which I bought a 6 quid cycle computer (magnet attached to the wheel). What would be the advantage of the cadence sensor over it?
Cadence is pedal revolutions per minute so it does a different job.

LocalLad

But that's what my cheap gadget is doing...working out how many and how fast I'm turning the pedals...isn't it?

LocalLad

Ok, after some googling I've figured it out! Thanks for the tips.

Basically, the cadence bit is just looking at the rpm of the pedals, and there's a separate bit looking at the speed...which is identical to what I have now - a magnet spinning near a sensor.

So, what I'd gain is that this is probably designed to go on the rear wheel whereas my current one is not, so has been bodged to fit using a few Lego pieces

lutonloony

Über Member
Why is it that Aldi ( nearest store 20 miles) are doing co2 pumps, Lidl nearest store 2 miles aren't :cursing:

Top Bottom