lidl bike stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfgurl

The twin cyclinder foot pump is pretty good. I've just used it and it seems pretty solid. Last year we bought a bike rack for storing bikes on the wall inside. They are not advertised this year but our local Lidl has got them again. Again pretty solid stuff.

The Jogger said:
Went there today to find a fire engine outside and all the firemen in buying cycling gear. ;) Mrs Jogger loved it. She got the yellow rain jacket, pump and mits. I got the rechargeable light, drinks bottle and glasses. All that for £38 can't be bad.

Thier Chief must be more understanding than ours:sad:

I'll be there tomorrow on my day off, hope theres something left!

darthpaul

Well I went and got a Blue cycle jacket and 2 sets of the socks. Was disappointed to find all the mens medium cycling tops gone ;) Looked at the shoes but they felt really heavy so didnt bother. Didnt see the cycle racks either which is a shame as I fancied one for my garage.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
darthpaul said:
Well I went and got a Blue cycle jacket and 2 sets of the socks. Was disappointed to find all the mens medium cycling tops gone ;) Looked at the shoes but they felt really heavy so didnt bother. Didnt see the cycle racks either which is a shame as I fancied one for my garage.
They must have had a busy afternoon! - glad there was something left for you.

balzer69

The helmet is actually pretty decent for £7.99

I bought it as a spare and it feels as comfy as my specialized propero helmet that I took ages to decide on after trying on loads of helmets(and cost almost 10 times more). The construction seems as good and it is almost as light.

I popped into the Exeter store this morning and got socks ~ mits ~ shorts ~ tights ~ and some bottles .. nipped back in at tea time to get a mate some shorts and they still had loads of kit left

Simon

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I bought a fair few bits, lol

Since I had no cycling specific attire, thought might as well.

Bought 2 Jerseys, Pair of shorts, Helmet, Glasses (tbh they look pretty lame aesthetically but my eyes water a lot in the wind so for the price thought may as well give them a go), Pair of gloves, Cycle computer (a cheapo for the fixed)

Put the computer on this morning, it works well (entered a generic tyre size, didnt measure it accuratelly, by time I got to the office, the distance reading was almost identical to the google maps estimation for my route), only disappointment is it doesnt stop counting when you stop so the average speed reading is out e.g. I was between 20-22mph over 1.8 miles pretty much, only time below was approaching lights and when stationary, average speed reading 13mph, but what can you expect for £4!

There was no waterproof jackets in medium left. Else I'd have fully kitted myself out, lol

Not banking on it, but this evening if they have any of the backpacks left, I might grab one, might reduce the sweat patch and if not at least it wont have the straps tied back together where the plastic broke like the current bag im using.

zacklaws

Guru
I fancied one of the gillets as a spare, but when I took a look at them, they seemed to be a bit bulky, more of a windproof / jersey without the sleeves so passed them by.

My idea of a gillet is something that will, stop the wind chill and fold up very small and fit easily into a back pocket once its not needed, like the one that I have now, the Lidl ones seemd to be too big and cumbersome and you may as well just put a windproof on instead as it would certainly be a pain to stash away and take up valuable room when travelling light.

Manonabike

Über Member
youngoldbloke said:
Lots of stuff left at lunchtime (Yate, nr. Bristol). Wanted a Red gilet - but none even at 9am. Their sizing seems mad - no small mens sizes, and their M/L is very (excessively) generous. Looked at the rain jacket, but not impressed - very loose, no rear pocket/s. Almost bought some mitts but quality not up to much and thought I would save the money towards a better pair ....... quite disappointed really, waiting for ALDI now.

I bought one, first I buy from Lidl and I'm very pleased with it, it does have a pocket in the back - The zip looks ok so far.

Bought another helmet, I have a Giro helmet that doesn#t not fit very well at all, tried about 20 helmets and that cost lots more..... the Lidl helmet fits really nice.... a bargain at £7.99 really

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Manonabike said:
I bought one, first I buy from Lidl and I'm very pleased with it, it does have a pocket in the back - The zip looks ok so far.

- must have missed that in the excitement of the initial rush ;) - or were there different styles? I'm sure the one I looked at (yellow?) just had 2 front pockets - not really cycling specific at all. Also I despair of finding any of their kit small enough to fit.

rsvdaz

yep picked up a load of stuff from the exeter store as well

can anyone tell me if the 28" inner tubes are in fact for 700 wheels?..the literal conversion is 712mm

also they are 40mm...i have a spesh sectuer..they too wide??

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Socks you can't have enough :blush:

Glasses erm, i'm a sucker for cheap glasses & they are very 'interesting'

computer - needed a cheap newie, just need to fit it now.

Resisted many things I didn't 'need' but where cheap, & surprised at how much there was still left.

Manonabike

Über Member
youngoldbloke;1176567][QUOTE=Manonabike said:

- must have missed that in the excitement of the initial rush ;) - or were there different styles? I'm sure the one I looked at (yellow?) just had 2 front pockets - not really cycling specific at all. Also I despair of finding any of their kit small enough to fit.

Don't know about the yellow jacket but my blue jacket has a pocket.

Aldi stuff is always smaller than the quoted size and their cycling stuff should come on the first week of may.

dav1d

Rob3rt said:
Glasses (tbh they look pretty lame aesthetically but my eyes water a lot in the wind so for the price thought may as well give them a go)

They look a lot better without the silly padding thing on them (it just clips off).

I think my bike light with computer isn't working properly: thelight works, but the computer won't even turn on (I've put the batteries for it in the magnet thing and the one in the light), unless I'm doing something wrong?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
StuartG said:
Did 2 branches in search of male rain jackets (£6.99). Only black (red detail) or blue. ... So bought a black. Seems very good for the money with roll-up hood in the collar - even has a peak (require a helmet for support) and an extra fold down real flap for covering bum on 'drops'. Only problem is the description and a tiny picture show the whole lot concerted into a strapped storage bag. It will keep you very warm methinks!

I've looked and looked and I can't work out how to convert ...

If it's like the one I got a couple of yrs back from Lidl (it was excellent, but I lost it in a pub) then you fold it into its own rear pocket.

I bought some (wait for it)... LADIES' 'capri' things, which come just below the knee... I didn't need anything else for once, and theought, well, I can take 'em back if I need to.. they fit well, and don't make me look like a girl, and the pad (worringly) is just right :ohmy:

Top Bottom