lidl bike stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
dav1d said:
They look a lot better without the silly padding thing on them (it just clips off).

I think my bike light with computer isn't working properly: thelight works, but the computer won't even turn on (I've put the batteries for it in the magnet thing and the one in the light), unless I'm doing something wrong?

Yup, I pulled it out at lunch yesterday, they do look a lot better like that, still look a bit yuk, but tbh I hate the look of sun glasses in general. Im not bothered how they look much because its better than having my eyes streaming :ohmy: It might bother some people though.

KevinG

Got some more socks and a blue gilet which fits well and looks quite good.

Picked up one of the 2 cylinder pumps too, not so much for the bikes but for kids paddling pool, footballs, camping airbeds etc.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just bought £70's worth of stuff.

I don't have SPD pedals yet, don't think I'll be getting them just yet as I have a mountain bike. Do you think it might be worth buying them though? I might have a racer by the end of the year.

Manonabike

Über Member
Riverman said:
Thanks for the heads up.

Just bought £70's worth of stuff.

I don't have SPD pedals yet, don't think I'll be getting them just yet as I have a mountain bike. Do you think it might be worth buying them though? I might have a racer by the end of the year.

SPD pedals are normally used in mountain bikes.

Think I'm gonna take the jacket back.

I had to get medium as there were no large. Also, the zip keeps getting stuck, which is really annoying. They've made it so it's easy to clip the fabric on either side of the zip and get it stuck that way.

Lidl are German.
I suspect all their kit is bought centrally and will be in German sizes which is to say significantly larger in various dimensions aside from those specified (According to my mother size 12 in womens clothing means consistently different things depending on country of origin).
My XL long sleeved jerseys are too large though possibly the tape round the bottom is crap too.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Hmm I thought the sizing was pretty standard.

Im 6' 2" and typically take a large in all clothing (apart from dress shirts which I always buy a medium) and I require jeans with a 34 inch waist (although I wear quite low so if could possibly get away with 32) and the large sized clothing items I bought form Lidl fit me fine. The shorts fit as expected (despite my less than mighty thighs) and while the jerseys arent skin tight, but they fit like thin fit t-shirts, very comfy. Unless they are meant to be tighter than they actually are on me I felt like the sizing was okay.

Maybe I am shaped like a German, lol!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
ian turner said:
Lidl are German.
I suspect all their kit is bought centrally and will be in German sizes which is to say significantly larger in various dimensions aside from those specified (According to my mother size 12 in womens clothing means consistently different things depending on country of origin).
My XL long sleeved jerseys are too large though possibly the tape round the bottom is crap too.
If this is the case they should offer mens' small size too (as do ALDI) - they do after all have quite a large presence here.

youngoldbloke

Fnaar said:
I bought some (wait for it)... LADIES' 'capri' things, which come just below the knee... I didn't need anything else for once, and theought, well, I can take 'em back if I need to.. they fit well, and don't make me look like a girl, and the pad (worringly) is just right :bravo:
- interesting ...... and why not? :hyper: Just out of interest ... how do the women's sizes relate to mens? What size did you buy?

shippers

I went to the Rothwell branch on Tuesday night. You could tell the cycling section a mile off- looked like a plague of locust had swept across! I got the last XL short sleeved shirt, and it's enormous. (No Larges left) and XL trousers that happily double as socks!
Also got the sunglasses- just need to buy contact lenses- also the computer. And fingerless gloves.

dav1d

zacklaws said:
I fancied one of the gillets as a spare, but when I took a look at them, they seemed to be a bit bulky, more of a windproof / jersey without the sleeves so passed them by.

My idea of a gillet is something that will, stop the wind chill and fold up very small and fit easily into a back pocket once its not needed, like the one that I have now, the Lidl ones seemd to be too big and cumbersome and you may as well just put a windproof on instead as it would certainly be a pain to stash away and take up valuable room when travelling light.

Where did you get that from? Just wondering, cos I'd like to buy one, the Lidl ones aren't great!

zacklaws

Guru
dav1d said:
Where did you get that from? Just wondering, cos I'd like to buy one, the Lidl ones aren't great!

Its a Bontrager sport wind vest and I got mine from the LBS, its a bit pricy for what it is, £29.99, but it kept me very warm during the winter months worn just over a windproof jersey along with a base layer underneath . Added a quick pic to show how small it packs away too, about 5" bv 2.5",. Sizewise I'm a 44 chest and had to get the 2XL, chest 117-122cm. In fact its that minamilistic , its just a bit more fashionable than using a bin bag or newspaper down your shirt.

Here is a couple of reviews for it:-

http://road.cc/content/review/3531-bontrager-sport-wind-vest

http://www.220triathlon.com/gear-review/bontrager-sport-wind-vest

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Fnaar said:
I bought some (wait for it)... LADIES' 'capri' things, which come just below the knee... I didn't need anything else for once, and theought, well, I can take 'em back if I need to.. they fit well, and don't make me look like a girl, and the pad (worringly) is just right :laugh:

youngoldbloke said:
- interesting ...... and why not? :laugh: Just out of interest ... how do the women's sizes relate to mens? What size did you buy?

I'd been thinking about buying some 3/4 things for spring riding, and the ones I wanted qere about 30 quid. Saw these, and thought "Hmm... same garment, basically, but £24 difference. It says ladies, and has a picture of a woman... but I reckon..." and hey presto, they fit poifectly... Dunno about sizes... it said Medium, otherwise I'd have been lost. Don't understand the sizing they use really...

youngoldbloke

Fnaar said:
I'd been thinking about buying some 3/4 things for spring riding, and the ones I wanted qere about 30 quid. Saw these, and thought "Hmm... same garment, basically, but £24 difference. It says ladies, and has a picture of a woman... but I reckon..." and hey presto, they fit poifectly... Dunno about sizes... it said Medium, otherwise I'd have been lost. Don't understand the sizing they use really...

Ladies medium fit you - so what mens' size are you usually? It's just to give me some idea in case there are some left when I get back to Lidls'. Thanks.

Top Bottom