lidl bike stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Thanks for the tip-off. Has anyone used the bike hoist ? I wonder if I can get the boys BMX stored in his bedroom ?

StuartG

slower but further
Just back!

Did 2 branches in search of male rain jackets (£6.99). Only black (red detail) or blue. Lots of yellow for ladies.

So bought a black. Seems very good for the money with roll-up hood in the collar - even has a peak (require a helmet for support) and an extra fold down real flap for covering bum on 'drops'. Only problem is the description and a tiny picture show the whole lot concerted into a strapped storage bag. It will keep you very warm methinks!

I've looked and looked and I can't work out how to convert ... anyway looks like it is going to have a baptism of fire^h^h^h^h water on this week's FNRttC.

Also got socks, mini-pump, hoist, toobag/kit and rucksac. Yep I know I didn't need them ...

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Thanks for the tip off, ill have a pop into the local branch later see what they have!

Gloves and a super cheap computer for the fixed wouldnt go a miss.

GazK

Veteran
Lidl bike hoist

sheddy said:
Thanks for the tip-off. Has anyone used the bike hoist ? I wonder if I can get the boys BMX stored in his bedroom ?

Got mine this morning and fitted it before lunch. Very solid feeling for the money - 10 fixings per pulley, and I used them all to be on the safe side!

col1888

I got a SS jersey, the white and grey one and some socks. Mrs got some 3/4 shorts, socks, computer and a red rain jacket. Impressed with the rain jacket, might have to go back. Thought about a hoist for doing maintenance, but put it back. Might have to reconsider on my return visit.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Lots of stuff left at lunchtime (Yate, nr. Bristol). Wanted a Red gilet - but none even at 9am. Their sizing seems mad - no small mens sizes, and their M/L is very (excessively) generous. Looked at the rain jacket, but not impressed - very loose, no rear pocket/s. Almost bought some mitts but quality not up to much and thought I would save the money towards a better pair ....... quite disappointed really, waiting for ALDI now.

+1 on the sizing, I had to go back and swap my large shirts and gilet for medium, and I haven't been medium for years. 3 x shorts, 3 x shirts and 1 x gilet and a new helmet for Browser junior. One of the shirts is zip-all-the-way-down fronted whereas the others are just neck zips, and it fits just that little bit better so more consistency would have been good. Still, can't complain but will see what Aldi have in when they do there summer cycle kit promotion.
Can't understand why Lidl & Aldi don't keep a constant stock, I'm sure they'd shift loads of stock?

darthpaul

youngoldbloke said:
Lots of stuff left at lunchtime (Yate, nr. Bristol). Wanted a Red gilet - but none even at 9am. Their sizing seems mad - no small mens sizes, and their M/L is very (excessively) generous. Looked at the rain jacket, but not impressed - very loose, no rear pocket/s. Almost bought some mitts but quality not up to much and thought I would save the money towards a better pair ....... quite disappointed really, waiting for ALDI now.

Yate is where I would be going so sounds a bit crap!

youngoldbloke

Browser said:
Can't understand why Lidl & Aldi don't keep a constant stock, I'm sure they'd shift loads of stock?
Have also thought that in the past, but was amazed at just how much kit was left at lunchtime today, shoes, shirts - everything really (except RED mens' gilets - but I don't think they ever had any anyway;)) - much more than I have ever seen left unsold before.

youngoldbloke

darthpaul said:
Yate is where I would be going so sounds a bit crap!
Don't let me put you off - I have bought lots of their stuff * in the past - probably why I was being a bit picky. If you compare the prices with anywhere else (ALDI excepted) it is generally great value. I have also been very impressed by their no quibble returns policy too.

* and still have it and wear it - so I didn't really need anything!

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Went there today to find a fire engine outside and all the firemen in buying cycling gear. :becool: Mrs Jogger loved it. She got the yellow rain jacket, pump and mits. I got the rechargeable light, drinks bottle and glasses. All that for £38 can't be bad.

C

chillyuk

I bought mitts last year and they are still going strong even though they do look a bit cheap and nasty, so I bought another pair today, along with a pair of tights that fit my fat backside, and a cycle computer that has to be the worst thing I have ever seen. I was going to put it on my Ridgeback but decided now it can go on my Universal BSO. they will go well together.

Top Bottom