Lidl but often...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vitesse

Bought the pump a year or two back. Had to take it apart and seal some non-standard holes before it worked. OK for £2.99 but they seem to be pushing prices up now.
Odd there's no padded shorts this time. Winter draws on...

Renard

All Lidl and Aldi stuff is best avoided. I have been tempted and bought some and its pish except for the socks.

Downward

Guru
Went on the way from work, Our Lidl has some stuff not all. They have T shirts for £4.99 (not listed on the site) which are good - Only had 1 left though.
They had a different Wireless Computer for £12.99 - Resited this even though it had something like 27 functions.
The other Lidl up the road has nothing till tomorrow

Downward said:
Went on the way from work, Our Lidl has some stuff not all. They have T shirts for £4.99 (not listed on the site) which are good - Only had 1 left though.
They had a different Wireless Computer for £12.99 - Resited this even though it had something like 27 functions.
The other Lidl up the road has nothing till tomorrow

I popped in on the way home tonight, the shelves/ baskets were full of the stock from other offers but no bike stuff. I might go to one of their other shops at lunch time tomorrow.

Vitesse said:
Are the shoes any good?
I bought a pair of their mtb shoes last time round. I've been using them for commuting and they've done well. My commute is only 3-5 miles oneway, Ive done it nearly everyday in all weathers and the coped amicably. I've only recently had to replace the laces but the rest of the shoes are still in good condition.

Stu99

Über Member
Bought the computer/heart rate monitor/altimeter/thermometer for £19.99.

Outstanding value for money - so much so that I went back for two more; one for my other bike and one as a gift for my brother.

Some comments:

- quality built display unit with comfortable and well-made heart rate transmitter belt. Computer fits reassuringly into computer mount (unlike some that are three times the price).

- set up is reasonably easy and manual well-illustrated

- speedo, altimeter and thermometer all seem to be accurate

- heart rate display seems to fluctuate a bit but I calibrated the median value with an old polar HRM that I have and the values were identical

- nice display with easy to read values. Shows elapsed time which I find useful to have

- unlike some Cateye and other more expensive computer products I have used in the past, this product has no problem in the rain.

- my only negative criticism is that the unit is clearly designed for use with more than one bike but the manual has no details on how to order spares. Not a major problem though as the last time I set up a computer for use with two bikes, the extra mount and transmitter cost in excess of £20 -more than the price of one Lidl computer.

Buy one - you won't be disappointed!

petec

I tried the trackpump - and it broke the first time! Handles came off in my hands, centre shaft flew out on the spring and nearly impaled me ;)!

Got my money back and an apology though, so no great loss...

And I think I'll get the computer on your recommendation Stu, it sounds great!

Mr Pig

petec said:
I tried the trackpump - and it broke the first time!

My wife went down and got the stuff for me. She asked if I wanted the track pump and I said 'Naa, how good can it be for £5?'

The computer looks ok but I'm probably not going to keep it. I'll never use any of the functions, I just need to know the time, how far I'm going and how quickly I'm getting there. In fact I could live with just a watch.

just jim

petec said:
I tried the trackpump - and it broke the first time! Handles came off in my hands, centre shaft flew out on the spring and nearly impaled me :rolleyes:!

Got my money back and an apology though, so no great loss...

And I think I'll get the computer on your recommendation Stu, it sounds great!

Is the one with the "pro cycle " sticker on it? You've got me worried here...

Top Bottom