Lidl but often...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petec

just jim said:
Is the one with the "pro cycle " sticker on it? You've got me worried here...

TBH I can't recall, but I think so...

Anyways, chances are I put too much pressure on it (or something), so don't let my (admittedly painful) experience put you off.

just jim

Maybe they can't handle the pressure - they're competing with Blackburn, Park Tools. Maybe I should hang back for a while, give it some personal space - let it get used to it's corner in the shed.

jono_1001

Stu99 said:
Bought the computer/heart rate monitor/altimeter/thermometer for £19.99.

Outstanding value for money - so much so that I went back for two more; one for my other bike and one as a gift for my brother.

Have to agree with Stu's comments.
Bought 2 myself as they are impressive value for money.

Stu99 said:
- my only negative criticism is that the unit is clearly designed for use with more than one bike but the manual has no details on how to order spares. Not a major problem though as the last time I set up a computer for use with two bikes, the extra mount and transmitter cost in excess of £20 -more than the price of one Lidl computer.

I found that the changing of the Odo to the 2nd wheel size wasn't easy, so if anyone else has the same issue, here's a potential solution (yet to be verified) that I stumbled across whilst playing with the buttons.
In the distance display mode press and hold the Mode button for > 2 secs and it changes to Odo 2, which uses the wheel 2 setting.

Also bought the trousers (light fleece lining), shirt - not tried yet, waterprrof jacket, lights - not sure how bright, and track pump - works fine but is tight to disconnect from (presta) valves as reported elsewhere.
Overall for the price I'd say good value.

Hope this helps.
J

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Called in at Lidl on Holderness rd, Hull this afternoon, but didnt buy any cycling gear. Still had a few womens tops & bottoms, two mens jackets M & L & a few mens tops all L as well as a few tool kits, pumps & bar bags if anyone is still looking for stuff

Willow

This weeks offers have come through on an email - includes various horse feeds. Anyone you know own a horse and shop at lidl, seems a bit of a strange combination to me.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Willow said:
This weeks offers have come through on an email - includes various horse feeds. Anyone you know own a horse and shop at lidl, seems a bit of a strange combination to me.

A year or two back they were selling horse stuff, so my wife wanted to go have a look. got there about 10 & they had sold pretty much everything :laugh: Apparently one of the local riding schools or tack shops had been down & spent about £400 on stuff

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Mr Pig said:
The computer looks ok but I'm probably not going to keep it. I'll never use any of the functions, I just need to know the time, how far I'm going and how quickly I'm getting there. In fact I could live with just a watch.

Got some spare bath sealant here if you want some, just give us a shout ;)

Mr Pig

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Got some spare bath sealant here if you want some

Thank you, but I never bathe anyway.

Stu99

Über Member
Stu99 said:
Bought the computer/heart rate monitor/altimeter/thermometer for £19.99.

- heart rate display seems to fluctuate a bit but I calibrated the median value with an old polar HRM that I have and the values were identical

Sorted this out with some electrode gel from Boots - now works faultlessly.

I can't believe what a bargain this product is and it comes with a 3-year guarantee!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Popped into Stowmarket Lidl at lunchtime and they must have had over 20 stand pumps left so I thought why not, it could come in handy to leave at work.

Tried it when I got back to work and it was hard work over 70 psi at which time one of the foot legs snapped off. Taking it back on Monday

Ventured into Lidl for the first time! Eventually managed to find my way arund the big heap of Fizzy Drinks and found the bike stuff.

Went in to get a bike top but did not as they were all only in black (dont wear black as it gets too hot and you cant be seen well enough) so passed on that.

Overcome by an need to buy a thing to find pipes and wires in a wall so still ended up £4.99 poorer.

Lots of fat people in there buying cart loads of cheap sweets and snacks. Clear space in the fruit and veg department.

Stu99

Über Member
Over The Hill said:
Ventured into Lidl for the first time! Eventually managed to find my way arund the big heap of Fizzy Drinks and found the bike stuff.

Lots of fat people in there buying cart loads of cheap sweets and snacks. Clear space in the fruit and veg department.

Best social commentary I've read in a long time -brilliant!

I've heard that our local Lidl is frequented by a customer who doesn't place personal hygeine on his list of priorities and manages to even clear the sweet and snacks section of the shop. easyJet should employ him at one of their boarding gates to manage the pasengers who haven't purchased speedy boarding....

shimano

ok I had two showers and sprayed LOADS of (admittedly cheap;):angel:) aftershave alll over (yes ALL over:ohmy::o) and went to buy the last but one light/compu combo from my local Lidl - lights great, speedo works a treat, so what's the problem??? tell you what, the speedo etc only works if the sensor is within 9" of the sender ;):angry:- not any use to me on a large frame bike:angry::biggrin:! it's going back tomorrow and I'll have to be forced to go to the H :smile: place for their wireless offering which I know works:smile:.

Mr Pig

shimano said:
the speedo only works if the sensor is within 9" of the sender

That's not right. It should work up to a metre away.

There must be something wrong, maybe the alignment of the sensor, duff batteries or something.

Top Bottom