Lidl cycle sale this Thursday 29/08/13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Has anyone experience of the leg and arm warmers? I bought them from both Lidl and Aldi last year, but I bought the L/XL large size and I've had to alter them so that they stay up. I've not really used them too many times, although the Aldi ones look better quality to the Lidl ones to my mind.

The reason I ask is that I would like some new ones, and the alternative is my LBS, who stock Altura ones, which are £15 for the arm warmers and £20 for the leg warmers. I have a suspicion that the Lidl ones will be better value - I could buy three sets and still have £5 to spare. Of course if the S/M ones don't fit, then it will be a complete waste.

Try them on in the shop, they do not seem to mind in the ones around here and I even tried something on in the Staff Loo once when I asked if I could they were really helpful - that was at the big enormous one in Havant not the small Tiddly one in Fareham tho...

Julia9054

Guru
Why only medium & large for the jerseys??

Haven't they heard of 'small'?
Or ladies.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
hmm softshell jacket, wonder if this will be thinner than the last affair which were looked like they were made out of foam :tongue: I have a couple of softshell jackets I bought a few years back and they were superb for the money, but they are washed out now and not so warm.

Davidc

Guru
[QUOTE 2618449, member: 45"]The spoke reflectors are the bees knees.[/quote]
Yes, they're real 3M ones and a great price (I need some more)

My tack pump will get to 85 psi and no more. Fine for general pumping but I use an electric pump most of the time so that's OK for me.

I have 2 pairs of the workshop gloves and use them for bike work and they're good.

Where have the shoes gone?

Custom24

Über Member
hmm softshell jacket, wonder if this will be thinner than the last affair which were looked like they were made out of foam :tongue: I have a couple of softshell jackets I bought a few years back and they were superb for the money, but they are washed out now and not so warm.
I don't see them listed. I bought one last year and used it all winter. It's still perfect. I wish I'd bought two, to be honest.

Custom24

Über Member
clicking on the link in first post they are there at 14.99??
Something not right. They were not there yesterday, I think, and when I click on the picture I get article does not exist.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I popped into Lidl this morning and picked up one cycling top (last one in my size), a pair of overshoes with hat, and a track pump to keep at the office. Oh, and a bunch of green bananas.

GC

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
What do you think of the overshoes? I was in this morning and bought a top and 2 pair of gloves.
Oh and a huge box of wheatabix :smile:

I haven't tried them yet, I'm just taking a punt really. There are some areas of my commute where I can't avoid heavy surface water when it's raining and my feet take a right soaking. I'm also hoping they'll keep a bit of the windchill off on the dry frosty days come winter.

GC

MikeW-71

Veteran
I picked up a new softshell jacket, a jersey, a pair of bibs and a track pump.

I got their previous jacket last year, but it has a hood :scratch:which is not ideal on a road bike. This new one doesn't have a hood! :wahhey:so I'll use this one on the road bike and use the hooded one on MTB. The bibs are OK, I use them for commuting as the pad gets a bit unbearable after an hour, but they are toasty warm like the jackets.

They also had some of the yellow and grey T shirts they did last time with a little zipped pocket in them. Grabbed another one as they are good for commuting in the summer. I'll leave the track pump at Dads as he has a few of the family bikes now.

Top Bottom