Lidl cycle sale this Thursday 29/08/13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robeh

Picked up some more socks and the bib tights. Went for large but now I'm worried after the comment above as those are my dimensions also (well, I'm a bit heavier lol)
try them on and if they are to big take them back and swap them for medium...

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
try them on and if they are to big take them back and swap them for medium...

Hmm just tried them on...legs are fine, but the middle and straps feel a bit baggy/loose. Not sure I'll fit my legs into the Medium but I think its worth a try otherwise they may not get worn at all.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'll be popping down my local store in the morning. Hopefully there will still be lots of stuff left.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
As usual I got Lidl and Aldi mixed up and went to the wrong one :blush: Went to Aldi, looked at their new range of cycling specials and was unimpressed. After reading this thread I nipped up to Lidl and got one of the softshell jackets. It's thinner than the last one and the claims on the packaging are that it's breathable so I thought it was worth a punt at £15. Got it home and it fits where it touches and it's certainly warm. Obviously not going to be as good as those jackets that are ten times the price but at least it's not as cruel to those of us with the <ahem> fuller figure.

Archeress

Veteran
I bought one of the soft shell jackets. It fits very well and feels like it'll keep me warm on the cold winter mornings. I got the hoodless one. I also bought a pair of the gloves, although I had to search the bin for ones that fit me and the first ones I found had a split seam on them.

Hugs
Archeress x

MikeW-71

Veteran
What's the quality of the bib tights like? .. worth a punt at £10 anyone?
Same as last years, decent enough for a tenner. Dunno who they measured for the pad though. The ones I got last year are still fine, and survived a small crash I had. They are nice and warm. I use them for commuting in the winter.

The fit is the same as last years, I'm 5' 10" and pretty slim, the mediums are a little baggy on the hips, but they are fine on the bike.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I went just for a look as the clothing won't fit me - no Small men's sizes :cursing:
However, I got a £10 helmet for SWMBO as she doesn't have one.
Also the bolt cutters :crazy: but not for :cycle:

okeydokey79

got another long sleeve jersey and bib tights, went for medium on both and not a bad fit,im 5ft 10 64kg , bibs feel bit tight round the ankle but will stretch and padding feels quite hard but brought these for the commute to work so for £10 well happy, i like the jerseys cus the pockets are quite big so can fit plenty of stuff in them and also have the little zip pocket so all in all glad i got paid today!!!!!

Duckehhh

Pair of gloves, pair of socks, medium jersey, large jacket, medium bibs.
Didn't bother with the arm/leg warmers . l/xl arms were too big, s/m legs were too small

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
As usual I got Lidl and Aldi mixed up and went to the wrong one :blush: Went to Aldi, looked at their new range of cycling specials and was unimpressed. After reading this thread I nipped up to Lidl and got one of the softshell jackets. It's thinner than the last one and the claims on the packaging are that it's breathable so I thought it was worth a punt at £15. Got it home and it fits where it touches and it's certainly warm. Obviously not going to be as good as those jackets that are ten times the price but at least it's not as cruel to those of us with the <ahem> fuller figure.

I did the same thing this afternoon. I was wandering around Aldi wondering why there was so little and then noticed an Aldi basket and then started wondering why they would be using the competition's baskets. :wacko:

Then I wandered off to LiDL and bought a black with blue trim softshell jacket. Got home and discovered I'd got one with a hood. And as usual, I'd thrown the receipt away. Not a great shopping day for me.

Top Bottom