Lidl cycle sale this Thursday 29/08/13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I was wandering around Aldi wondering why there was so little and then noticed an Aldi basket and then started wondering why they would be using the competition's baskets. .

:laugh:

Duckehhh

Jacket has got to go back. Didn't realise it had a hood. Completely useless/dangerous having a hood on a bike.

Custom24

Über Member
Jacket has got to go back. Didn't realise it had a hood. Completely useless/dangerous having a hood on a bike.
I agree about useless. Not sure about dangerous, although my helmet does catch on the hood occasionally. Maybe it might cause some difficulty giving an over the shoulder, is that what you mean?

Custom24

Über Member
My results were mixed. Got two more pairs of Winter gloves, which seem very similar to last years (last years are still going strong). Also got three sets of the S/M arm and leg warmers. I think the size is OK, although the arms are a little tight.

The main problem was that neither the Softshell jackets, nor the trousers, were in the store. Staff said they might be in tomorrow. I don't live near the store, so that's a pain. Does anyone live in Oxford who could tell me if they're in?

Duckehhh

Yea. If wearing the hood, blocks peripheral vision, when shoulder checking. When not wearing it, wind blows it up and inflates it

puffinbilly

Veteran
Bought the jersey in a large and seems good value - much better than the summer jerseys. Normally would be a medium but the summer jersey came way too small for me so presumed just move up a size and it seems perfect fit.
Both Lidl and Aldi seem to size smaller than actual fit - when I was in the store a fellow cyclist was bemoaning lack of small sizes - when I suggested that sizes were a bit smaller than labelled he said he'd bought medium and large before and both were too large for him - he wasn't a small guy, wiry but not small.
Seems a bit of a lottery.

Custom24

Über Member
What do you think of the overshoes? I was in this morning and bought a top and 2 pair of gloves.
Oh and a huge box of wheatabix :smile:
I bought overshoes from them last year and the first time I went to put them on, the zip broke. I returned them. I went for Endura Luminite ones instead (on my second set now) - a lot more expensive, but also are I think a lot more waterproof and they last pretty well.

I've been foolish though and had a punt at the Aldi version of overshoes recently. I've not tried them yet, but there's no zip on those, which is probably a good thing.

Top Bottom