Lidl cycle sale this Thursday 29/08/13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Yep, it is isn't it. And the Lidl ones aren't particularly good where the pad is concerned. I found it is worth spending decent money on padded shorts, the differences can be dramatic!

Born2die

Yep, it is isn't it. And the Lidl ones aren't particularly good where the pad is concerned. I found it is worth spending decent money on padded shorts, the differences can be dramatic!

I'm on a tight budget at the moment but I now know its worth saving up to get some proper ones its oh so comfy now

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Pair of gloves for me.

A fiver and they had a size eight which is a nice snug fit.

Quality looks good, and if it gets too cold for them the bike will be laid up anyway.

KneesUp

Guru
I got a set of the lights for £7. I reasoned that they can't be that bad - and actually they are quite good - but then there was no such t
hing as an LED front light last time I bought one so perhaps my perception is skewed. Bit disappointed there is no flashing function though. I nearly bought a soft shell jacket but it was a warm day and I just couldn't - plenty left at my local though.

KneesUp

Guru
I think that's because they have been designed to conform to German standards which do not permit bike lights to flash.
That would explain why it said something about needing a dynamo light as well if they are fitted to a bike weighing more than 9kg - which mine is, comfortably!

Going in this morning- literally my first opportunity - Hope there is some stuff left - got to find the shop too, never been there.
Don't want to take too long as there's also cycling (and some jobs at home) to be done

Yes got there and they still have some stuff
Got the blue jacket , leg warmers/arm warmers set, and a couple of pairs of socks
No long sleever jerseys in my size but spotted a Sports Direct in the same town and got one there

My arms are weedy and top end of arm warmers are a tad loose
Otherwise pleased.
Just need a good base layer now
(well can actually think of a few more things)
Is there no end to the bits you can buy?

Duckehhh

Yes got there and they still have some stuff
Got the blue jacket , leg warmers/arm warmers set, and a couple of pairs of socks
No long sleever jerseys in my size but spotted a Sports Direct in the same town and got one there

My arms are weedy and top end of arm warmers are a tad loose
Otherwise pleased.
Just need a good base layer now
(well can actually think of a few more things)
Is there no end to the bits you can buy?

Looks like there will be some base layers in Thurs with the running stuff.

i bought a few pairs of the cycling socks in my local Lidl
can't complain, i normally double up on them because my shoes are a little big
they are supportive

was tempted by the compression tights for winter riding......

Tcr4x4

Veteran
Took the tights out for a ride today, did 26 miles. Not bad at all, although I only have my DHB shorts to compare them too.
They werent as hot as I was expecting them to be, I felt just right pretty much all the way and the temps were around 25 degreesC.
The size medium seems just right, the crotch isnt too tight, and the legs are tight but not restraining. Worth the money I reckon.

Been wearing the socks too.. Socks are socks, so they are fine!

Top Bottom