Lidl cycle sale this Thursday 29/08/13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tyke

Jacket has got to go back. Didn't realise it had a hood. Completely useless/dangerous having a hood on a bike.
Black one has a hood, blue one doesn't.
The Black one comes with a stand up coller or a hud there are two types, different pic on pack I got the one without the hud seems ok for the price. I agree the hud is dangerous take it back and see if they still have the others in your size.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Ahh, I only saw the hooded black ones in our branch. I unpacked a blue one to make sure it didn't have a hood before I bought it :smile:

nappadang

Über Member
Just nipped up to my local lidl and got a load of gear for next to nothing. I'd say I now have enough clothing to get me through the winter and way beyond.

Thanks for the heads up!

Mick

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I went just for a look as the clothing won't fit me - no Small men's sizes :cursing:
- my usual rant. More and more and more stores (M&S for example) are not catering for us people anymore. I don't even bother to look at the Lidl and Aldi stuff anymore - and as for vanity sizing ...... earlier poster saying how well the medium bibs fitted - at 6'+ !!!!

Had a look yesterday, either it was already 'picked over', or local store had been sent all the 'Porky' sized gear

Could have done with a pair of glove (to keep for winter), & the spoke reflectors, but it was the usual scenario - 20 queuing, & 1 person on tills

(yes, I know that's one reason why prices are kept fairly low, minimal staffing)

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Had a look yesterday, either it was already 'picked over', or local store had been sent all the 'Porky' sized gear

Could have done with a pair of glove (to keep for winter), & the spoke reflectors, but it was the usual scenario - 20 queuing, & 1 person on tills

(yes, I know that's one reason why prices are kept fairly low, minimal staffing)

- its all porky sized :sad:

- its all porky sized :sad:
Seemingly so

At 5'9" & 10 stone, it's definitely a small for me

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Either all the headwear and overshoes had been bought, or they didn't have many. Anyway, they had none when the store opened this morning. The floor pump looked OK for an emergency but not much more. The bike rack for a garage/shed felt quite well made for the price. Shame I have no-where to put one <doh>. Lots of tops and soft shell stuff but I already have more than enough of stuff like that.
Never mind, it was a 5.5 mile ride and I did get a couple of breaded haddock for lunch for £1.79

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I finally went! There wasn't much left, which is surprising for the stores in this town, normally nobody wants anything and I have a good pick of the stock.

I got a long sleeve jersey and some bibtights, the fit on both is 'interesting'. The jersey has arms that are slightly too short but is really long in the body, and yet baggy on my chest! I'm impressed that there's a proper gripper on the bottom back though. The bibtights are 'okay'. Hell, it's so cheap who cares!
The socks seems pretty awesome for £3. I'm looking forward to winter coming now!

I also got a cycle rack for my brother in law's new flat. £8.99 is a bargain, but if you get one make sure you take all the parts to the till as in my local store the racks were really badly stacked in the bins.

line71

Bought a black XL jersey,im 6'1 and go for the largest size because i like a longer length,its nice quality,i'll use it in the autumn
Might try and get some gloves and a jacket if they,ve any left

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I know the stuff isn't the highest quality in the world, but it really does show how much some "brand names" are ripping people off.

Top Bottom