Lidl cycle sale this Thursday 29/08/13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I'll definitely get a couple of jerseys. I was thinking about a track pump to keep at the office and noticed it has a nominal maximum pressure of just 87PSI. Worth noting if you're after one for other than mtb or hybrid tyres.

GC

glasgowcyclist

Lidl's workshop gloves make excellent long-fingered mtb gloves; and winter road gloves, with a pair of thin running gloves inside.

I've used them as cycling gloves too, although you do (as you suggest) need another layer when it's properly cold. This is because they have a series of holes along both sides of each finger.

GC

I'll definitely get a couple of jerseys. I was thinking about a track pump to keep at the office and noticed it has a nominal maximum pressure of just 87PSI. Worth noting if you're after one for other than mtb or hybrid tyres.

Their track pumps do seem to be pretty poor TBH. Every time they have a sale like this there seems to be loads of people complaining about them. Folk generally seem happy enough with their other gear, but I would avoid the track pump TBH.

glasgowcyclist

Their track pumps do seem to be pretty poor TBH. Every time they have a sale like this there seems to be loads of people complaining about them. Folk generally seem happy enough with their other gear, but I would avoid the track pump TBH.

I might still take a punt on it. I want it to install in our office bike shed as a communal pump, most of the commuters use tyres that don't go over 65PSI.

GC

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Putting 100+psi into a space the size of a sausage is a pneumatic challenge a £5 pump is unlikely to meet.

But as has been noted, probably OK for hybrid or mountain bikes.

Custom24

Über Member
Are the jerseys any good from Lidl, and how do I know which size I require (what sort of fit)?
I bought one last year. The material is not very soft, so I use mine with a base layer. I like it, although I wish they did them in some different colours. The sizing is standard - mine fit me as I expected.

Custom24

Über Member
Has anyone experience of the leg and arm warmers? I bought them from both Lidl and Aldi last year, but I bought the L/XL large size and I've had to alter them so that they stay up. I've not really used them too many times, although the Aldi ones look better quality to the Lidl ones to my mind.

The reason I ask is that I would like some new ones, and the alternative is my LBS, who stock Altura ones, which are £15 for the arm warmers and £20 for the leg warmers. I have a suspicion that the Lidl ones will be better value - I could buy three sets and still have £5 to spare. Of course if the S/M ones don't fit, then it will be a complete waste.

Top Bottom