LIDL Cycling Gear & Apparel event......27/08/12

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mapster5

Does the jacket roll up small to fit in a pocket or is it a wear it all day jacket?

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
I got the arm and leg warmers from my LIDL store.......

Yesterday :tongue:

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I got the top, arm & leg warmers, reflectors, socks and Hi-Vis (would fit a midget) all seemed pretty good quality, changed my mind about the jacket.

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
I bought two cycling jerseys. They seem a bit diaphenous to me so I might get a cycling top to go underneath. I also bought the overshoe and hat set. That hat is top quality.
I bought the arm and leg warmer set but I'm not quite sure whether I would use them over a top and trousers in the winter. Some advice for those would be useful. I also bought the bib trousers which remind me of Borats Mankini. The actual trousers I bought were too big for me so they'll be going back as will the Pannier set as I don't think the Velcro fixings are secure enough for my adjustable pannier rack. I would have prefferred straps with Delrin clips.
I would like to get a breathable waterproof yellow warm flourescent cycling jacket for the winter. What do you think of this one... http://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-cycling-jacket-mens-635065?colcode=63506547 ?

sittingbull

Veteran
I would like to get a breathable waterproof yellow warm flourescent cycling jacket for the winter. What do you think of this one... http://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-cycling-jacket-mens-635065?colcode=63506547 ?
I bought one of these before the start of last winter, the same colours (although more black) and similar description (although not mesh lined). Mine was also described as breathable and it most definitely is not. For short rides (less than 10 miles) at a slow pace (less than 10mph) it would be OK. However for most of my rides I get home with my back soaked and sweat running down my arms into the cuffs. I don't wear it so often now as I get as wet when it's not raining as I would in the rain without it. It is truly "boil in the bag" :sad:

- the mesh may improve things a bit but it doesn't appear to have vents.

It is however windproof and gives me confidence drivers can see me :smile:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Been into Lidl Dewsbury this morning - loads of everything left (clothes, :pump:, etc). I showed restraint and didn't buy anything :scratch: , particularly as the jackets hung off me in Medium, which was the smallest size.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bought a black cycling jacket with reflective stripes for £14.99 in my local Lidle today. It is supposed to be wind and water resistant. Should be ok for the approching winter.

Mike!

Guru
Tried Ipswich at lunch time and bugger all left :-(

Picked up about the last of the overshoes to try but that's all.

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
I brought a helmet from the Newbury branch yesterday morning. It one of the best fitting ones I've had. It has a rear facing red flashing light. Great I thought, just the job for those cold wet winter evenings. However the instructions say that it shouldn't be used in the wet! I've got a feeling that it will get lost unless I can find a way of making more secure.

Top Bottom