Lidl hand warmers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Just had a wee shifty at them. Mrs Slick came on a ride with me on Sunday but did struggle a bit with cold hands. I'm going to pick a couple of them up for her just as soon as I can get in.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/ski-gear/hand-warmers/p26808

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I've had some in the past, and whilst they do generate heat I found that after 20 minutes or so of riding they no longer kept my hands warm. Short rides brilliant, anything longer they are useless.

They are also selling the use once ones which they claim last 10 hours. I've bought some of them and will try them out over the winter

tom73

Guru
Simple bit of clever chemistry they tend to be filled with sodium acetate. Cracking the disk gives off enough energy to set of crystallization which in this case is exothermic reaction.
Boiling them turns it all back again, and again ect.

Mike_P

Guru
Um..looked at them last night but figured for a short commute 2 packs would be needed, morning and evening with the whole lot having to boiled each evening or for a quid more ski gloves. The latter won the judgement and then I failed to put them on this morning and had somewhat cold hands by the time I got to work using normal full finger gloves :sad:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Interesting. May look tomorrow. Heard about cyclists using them in their shoes. How do you do this? (Serious question)

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
The ones I've used - not Lidl but the same idea - worked best if you kept on massaging them. That's a bit difficult if you're holding the handlebars but you lot who can ride no handed will be fine...

Top Bottom