Lidl hand warmers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've been using this sort of thing for 20+ years but never on a bike. There's nothing new under the sun.

Best way to keep the extremities warm is magic gloves, £1, under a pair of winter gloves. For the feet try Merino wool lined waterproof socks - usually £10 in Aldi.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Used the disposable hand and feet warmers this morning. Used them for about 3 hours and both hands and feet were nice and warm throughout the ride. I could feel the heat coming off the hand warmers but not the feet warmers, though when I took my trainers off I could then feel the warmth coming from them. Not the hottest things but warm enough to keep the cold off for that time.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I've been using this sort of thing for 20+ years but never on a bike. There's nothing new under the sun.

Best way to keep the extremities warm is magic gloves, £1, under a pair of winter gloves. For the feet try Merino wool lined waterproof socks - usually £10 in Aldi.

What are magic gloves?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just had a wee shifty at them. Mrs Slick came on a ride with me on Sunday but did struggle a bit with cold hands. I'm going to pick a couple of them up for her just as soon as I can get in.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/ski-gear/hand-warmers/p26808
The link didn't work for me, and they don't have a search facility. Weird. OTOH I did stumble across

1575199613476.png

I mean, seriously?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
What are magic gloves?
I thought that too when I read the post.

Cheap, stretchy gloves - most often found on market stalls/in your local convenience store.
And what did I see about 2 hours later, when calling in at my local Asian corner shop for curry powder...? A card with multiple pairs of 'magic gloves' attached - £1.25 a pair!

They fit nicely under my Thinsulate cycling gloves and kept my fingers comfortable in very nippy conditions on Friday.

Top Bottom