LIDL kit back it today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gixxerman

Guru
LIDL bike kit from today (29th April).
Crivit 34 tool kits for £25. Had to get one at that price even though I actually don't need it (yet). Look good quality (see pictures).
Mudguard sets for £6 (front and rear). Look functional, but not exactly stylish. Front has quick release system and attaches into the steering tube.
Saddles for £8 in what they call city or treking types. They are gel based and quite large (the difference between the city and the treking one seems to be that the city one is shorter and wider)
My bro needed a seat / mudguards for his work bike and these are certainly good enough and very cheap.
They have gloves and some other cycling clohes in.
All looks quite decent stuff. Certainly worth a look.

Mark_Robson

I hope that you didn't trip over that loose lace. :evil:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I bought the toolkit, pump, chaincleaner and a couple of pairs of socks. £38 a bargain. Some of the tools in the toolkit look a little poor but not all. Seems that £25 is a very good deal for a wide range of useful kit.

OP
OP
Gixxerman

Gixxerman

Guru
Mark_Robson said:
I hope that you didn't trip over that loose lace. :biggrin:
Didn't notice that :evil:.

I still have my astroturf boots on after footie tonight.
You can tell the tools are quite decent by their weight. The rubbish ones I have seem in the past feel like they are made out of plastic.

OP
OP
Gixxerman

Gixxerman

Guru
guitarpete247 said:
I bought the toolkit, pump, chaincleaner and a couple of pairs of socks. £38 a bargain. Some of the tools in the toolkit look a little poor but not all. Seems that £25 is a very good deal for a wide range of useful kit.
Didn't notice the chain cleaning kits.
Are they OK?
If so, it looks like I will be back tomorrow.

karan733

As im new to this, can that tool kit be used in some way to remove cranks and remove freewheels?

I really am astounded by how many bits of kit are needed for a bike! :rofl:

zacklaws

Guru
Gixxerman said:
Didn't notice the chain cleaning kits.
Are they OK?
If so, it looks like I will be back tomorrow.

The chain cleaner looks identical to the one that I bought from a "cycling promotions" sale, it does a good job, but less than a year later it seems to have warped and is always dropping to bits. Mine was a pound dearer though.

Barbelier

Got the last tool kit from my local store :bravo: Great value and seem to be reasonable quality tools.
No chain cleaners left though.

OP
OP
Gixxerman

Gixxerman

Guru
Mark_Robson said:
The N/E shops aren't selling the chain cleaner. I bought two pairs of socks and four packs of the rechargable batteries.
I got some 4AA (2500mAH) and 4AAA (900mAH) batteries in the last sale + a charger all for £18 :bravo:. They are superb.

Top Bottom