LIDL kit part 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GazK

Veteran
LIDL seem to have found some more cycling kit down the back of the warehouse.

It's a weird grab-bag of stuff. Why is all the clothing for women? And does this look like any kind of cycling top? Certainly not what they wear round my way. And check out the track pump cum pogo stick!

The only thing that catches my eye is the toolkit, but I have *just* enough of them to make it uneconomic.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have the lidl SPD shoes and have been impressed with them.They are trainer style with recessed cleats for easy walking.Very comfortable on the bike.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Doesnt look as if they have the shoes this time, but that toolkit look like a good bet, if only to have a "travel set" as well the regular (and probably better quality) tools on a pegboard in the garage at home.

Mark_Robson

Banjo said:
I have the lidl SPD shoes and have been impressed with them.They are trainer style with recessed cleats for easy walking.Very comfortable on the bike.
The shoes are great value, I use them when I use my mountain bike. My only criticism of them is that they are heavy but for the price they are excellent. :tongue:

Manonabike

Über Member
I got the toolbox a couple of years ago and it's quite good, probably equal or better than some I've seen for £80.

Manonabike

Über Member
Jezston said:
Damn, really wish the shoes were available!

Aldi bike stuff should have shoes too and that is coming on the first week of May.

What size shoes are you looking for?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have the Lidl toolkit they arent high quality tools and wouldnt last if used daily but for occasional use should be fine. So far I have used the pedal spanner the cassete removal tool ,chainwhip , chain splitter and the cone spanners. All did the job without any fuss.

Manonabike

Über Member
My Lidl didn't have the toolbox but I got a chain cleaner :rofl: I already had a good one, made by parks, but it broke after a year..... still can use it though.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Manonabike said:
My Lidl didn't have the toolbox but I got a chain cleaner :rofl: I already had a good one, made by parks, but it broke after a year..... still can use it though.

Just got home with mine. I have never looked around the food before, so I spent loads there as well. Should have got 2 Daily Mirror vouchers.

Top Bottom