LIDL kit part 2

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by GazK, 22 Apr 2010.

1. PpPete

PpPete Guru

No toolkits in my Lidl today either.
    Still managed to spend over £30 to get my £5 off though.

They did have a few pairs of shoes, but this year's model, & although it looks better than last years are not the right shape for my feet.

2. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Guru

Yep - just the one at Laindon - now none there either. :evil:

3. beatlejuice

beatlejuice Gently does it...

Try the Gosport branch porkypete. They had about 10 left and I got one. Now I need to find those YouTube video to see how to use them!

4. guitarpete247

guitarpete247 Just about surviving

Went into the Lidl in Hinkley, Leics. They had the toolkit which I bought. The also had a few pairs of shoes left if anyone near here is after a pair.
    The toolkit looks reasonable and will supplement the tools I already have. I also bought the pump, the chaincleaner and a couple of pairs of socks as quite a few CCers have rated them.

5. Muddyfox

Muddyfox Veteran

The Lidl i went to in Exeter this morning had the tool kits and shoes

i got a new cycling jacket (looks very good) for £7.99 and i got the shoes and a few more pairs of socks

Simon

6. Armegatron

Armegatron Active Member

Got the toolkit - dont even know what half of them do! ;)

7. Bandini

Bandini Guest

Anyone bought a jacket - they have 'em in a store about 10 miles away, and I was thinking of biking over this afty? Not a great ride, so will go elsewhere if they are not worth it.

8. eldudino

eldudino Bike Fluffer

I've just bought a jacket and two pair of socks. The jacket packs up to the size of about two packets of fags, ideal for hanging off your saddle during a sportive/long ride in case of rain. It says 'water resistant' and I guess it's that and that only. I bought it as I wanted something to keep me dry-ish if there's a big downpour when I'm out on a long summer ride. Not expecting great results but I imagine that it'll perform ok for £8.99. I got a medium and the fit didn't seem too bad, I had a microfleece on under it though but it's not a horrendously baggy cut.

9. just jim

just jim Guest

The cassette lockring removers don't seem to fit shimano cassettes. The rest of it is ok though.

10. Monsieur Remings

Monsieur Remings Veteran

Does that mean that the cassette removal for a Shimano cassette is out of the question with this toolkit then?

11. Manonabike

Manonabike Über Member

I bought the tool box 2 years ago and cassette locking remover definitely works with shimano casstettes. It might be different now but I doubt it.

12. bauldbairn

bauldbairn New Member

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it already but the Aldi stuff is recommended by www.cyclechat.co.uk with the quote "Cycling Talk - You can always tell when Aldi has cycling gear in, because you go on the club's Saturday run and they're all wearing it!" ;)

It was in their free brochure in today's newspaper in Scotland. :smile:

edit; Doh!!! Just noticed this on the Aldi thread!!!!:biggrin:

13. Banjo

Banjo Fuelled with Jelly Babies

Used mine last week to transfer Shimano cassette to new wheel. fitted perfectly.Wonderr if not all the toolkits are the same?

14. chemswot

chemswot New Member

Looked in 3 London Lidls! No toolkits... ;)
    Might try my luck once more...

Do they really go that quickly?

15. Banjo

Banjo Fuelled with Jelly Babies

Your lucky . After having a Halfords Appolo Hybrid I know what they all do :-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice