LIDL kit part 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
No toolkits in my Lidl today either.
Still managed to spend over £30 to get my £5 off though.

They did have a few pairs of shoes, but this year's model, & although it looks better than last years are not the right shape for my feet.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Yep - just the one at Laindon - now none there either. :evil:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Went into the Lidl in Hinkley, Leics. They had the toolkit which I bought. The also had a few pairs of shoes left if anyone near here is after a pair.
The toolkit looks reasonable and will supplement the tools I already have. I also bought the pump, the chaincleaner and a couple of pairs of socks as quite a few CCers have rated them.

The Lidl i went to in Exeter this morning had the tool kits and shoes

i got a new cycling jacket (looks very good) for £7.99 and i got the shoes and a few more pairs of socks

Simon

Bandini

Anyone bought a jacket - they have 'em in a store about 10 miles away, and I was thinking of biking over this afty? Not a great ride, so will go elsewhere if they are not worth it.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I've just bought a jacket and two pair of socks. The jacket packs up to the size of about two packets of fags, ideal for hanging off your saddle during a sportive/long ride in case of rain. It says 'water resistant' and I guess it's that and that only. I bought it as I wanted something to keep me dry-ish if there's a big downpour when I'm out on a long summer ride. Not expecting great results but I imagine that it'll perform ok for £8.99. I got a medium and the fit didn't seem too bad, I had a microfleece on under it though but it's not a horrendously baggy cut.

just jim

The cassette lockring removers don't seem to fit shimano cassettes. The rest of it is ok though.

Manonabike

Über Member
just jim said:
The cassette lockring removers don't seem to fit shimano cassettes. The rest of it is ok though.

I bought the tool box 2 years ago and cassette locking remover definitely works with shimano casstettes. It might be different now but I doubt it.

bauldbairn

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it already but the Aldi stuff is recommended by www.cyclechat.co.uk with the quote "Cycling Talk - You can always tell when Aldi has cycling gear in, because you go on the club's Saturday run and they're all wearing it!" ;)

It was in their free brochure in today's newspaper in Scotland. :smile:

edit; Doh!!! Just noticed this on the Aldi thread!!!!:biggrin:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Manonabike said:
I bought the tool box 2 years ago and cassette locking remover definitely works with shimano casstettes. It might be different now but I doubt it.

Used mine last week to transfer Shimano cassette to new wheel. fitted perfectly.Wonderr if not all the toolkits are the same?

chemswot

Looked in 3 London Lidls! No toolkits... ;)
Might try my luck once more...

Do they really go that quickly?

Top Bottom