Lidl offers Mon 25 Aug

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mike_P

Mike_P

Guru
On sale this pm in my local Lidl, tights and bibs are the typical enormous sizes so if you below a 38" waist do not bother looking. Jerseys are red or black only, picked up a red one, cheaper sticting than last years Aldi Pro one but does have a zipped rear pocket - that zip has the sole rear relective stripe qbove it. There are reflective flashes on the front sides.

User269

Cheap rubbish. A waste of money, and not fit for purpose.

Why do we celebrate our passion by colluding with the sale of such dross, let alone supporting the exploitation of sweat shop labour?

At least 4 other posts here expressing disappointment with previous purchases.

Argue amongst yourselves, as I won't be seeing any responses. Well go on then, get on with it.....................

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well i was there as they opened , only large and XL bibs in stock, asked the deputy manager who said there was a load out back but he made no offer to go and have a look.
Sent a complaint to head office and made some comments on twatter and faceflip just to vent steam :cursing:

stephec

Legendary Member
Got myself a pump earlier, I can see why they're only rated to six bar now.

If you weigh under twelve stone you'll get a good workout putting eight bar into your tyres.

maltloaf

Picked up a red jersey as it was full zip plus a zipped pocket. Feels rather good on but time will tell. More socks too, they are great for £3

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Got a red jersey and black tight. Sizing on bottoms isn't waist inches but is some reference to chest measurement, large top should match large bottoms IYKWIM.

compo

Veteran
I picked up a pump to replace my Aldi one on which the dual head failed which meant I couldn't inflate tubes with Schrader valves. As @stephec says above, you wouldn't want to go much more than 6 bar, but as I only pump up to about 80lbs, whatever that is in bar, the pump is OK for my hybrid's 700 x 28 tyres. I must admit, I would love a Joe Blow or similar but funds wont allow it.

I also bought a light set. I bought one of their lamps a couple of years ago and it was my only light for my first Dunwich Dynamo. It was OK, and for what it is and I was actually very pleased with it. The lamp I bought today appears to be slightly brighter, but it seems a more concentrated beam with a definate cut off at the top. It will be interesting to see what it is like in the dark.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Picked up a pair of the sunglasses on the way home from work this afternoon but there was nothing else of any interest to me. However the Felixstowe store also had the pannier sets, front basket and wireless computers on sale which weren't shown on the leaflet or online.

Top Bottom