Liege-Bastogne-Liege 2020 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Booyaa

Veteran
Well Allaphillipe made a proper arse of that.

Eziemnaik

Ãœber Member
Have to see the replay, but on the first viewing sprint seemed all legal
If anything Hirschi when unclipped blocked Pog

OP
OP
Foghat

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
JA down to 5th place according to Belgian commentary

Good.

Whilst his attacking style, and general willingness to put the effort in to breaks etc, are worthy attributes, I find his constant twitchiness and unnecessary Voeckler-esque mannerisms and movements bloody irritating.....even just as a TV spectator; imagine how annoying they must be when you have to witness and put up with them in person in races.

And why can't riders just demonstrate enough discipline to sprint goddam straight? Plenty do, so it's not difficult.

Eziemnaik

Ãœber Member
Correct decision by stewards :okay:
If anything, after seeing the replay, I think he got away with a slap on the hand, especially after Jacobsen crash.

On the other side, sprinters are sprinters and sprinters are going to do what sprinters do - anything in the heat of the moment to gain advantage.

If a story needs a villain then it needs a hero as well. Van der Poel put an impressive ride only a day after 50km solo escape

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Nasty crash that today,should of been a marshal or at least some padding on that road sign.I did read GVA had torn shoulder ligament,but it looks like it was worse.

View: https://twitter.com/TourDeJose/status/1312812992770252803?s=19

Yep, looked like a marshalling error that one. Even with padding, it looked worth a marshal.

Astonishing Alaphilippe. When you think about it, he effectively lost that twice: once by unsafe sprinting and once by premature celebration. That's unusual, isn't it? Curse of the rainbow jersey?

Adam4868

Guru
Yep, looked like a marshalling error that one. Even with padding, it looked worth a marshal.

Astonishing Alaphilippe. When you think about it, he effectively lost that twice: once by unsafe sprinting and once by premature celebration. That's unusual, isn't it? Curse of the rainbow jersey?
He was done for yesterday,I watched the last 10 k again last night,he nearly went across Hirschi a bit before that.Its Hirschi I feel for on that sprint,I'm sure he would of won that.As much as I'm glad Roglic won,I'm not to sure he would of even made the podium without that feck up...
Anyway he's said sorry and held his hand up,so all's forgiven.Made for a good race otherwise.

Top Bottom