Life without a shower...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazzaputt

I do 19 miles without the use of showers at work. I use the sink in a disabled toilet to have a wash down and keep the toiletries in my desk.

We've got no shower but I only commute 4.5 miles. I wear a cycle top and take that off when I arrive and apply Lynx depending upon how sweaty I am, it can vary. So far (a year and a half of at this job) I've had no complaints which is suprising as the bloke next to me complains about anything.

Tetedelacourse

You are right to be wary though Maz. Before I started work with my current employers, the previous "cyclist" in the department had a reputation for smelling like a deli counter. He didn't shower. Apparently he never knew of this problem and no-one felt brave enough to tell the man. He was simply whispered about.

This is my worst nightmare, and I'm paranoid about it. Cannot speak to anyone before I've had my shower in the morning. No worse way to be known than being the smelly boy I reckon, in office life.

Take the bus til the showers are fixed! Or train in, cycle home.

Tynan

Veteran
fresh sweat doesn't smell surely, it's only when it or the clothes get stale and the bacteria get to work that there's a smell

buggi

Bird Saviour
dan_bo said:
I do 14 miles each way and can be ar$ed/ too busy to have a shower. I rinse me face/ hair and make sure I have a clean t shirt and don't worry too much about being perhaps a tad musty on the close-up (at least till I get home :blush:)

something tells me the quote above has something to do with the quote below????

Tetedelacourse said:
You are right to be wary though Maz. Before I started work with my current employers, the previous "cyclist" in the department had a reputation for smelling like a deli counter. He didn't shower. Apparently he never knew of this problem and no-one felt brave enough to tell the man. He was simply whispered about.

This is my worst nightmare, and I'm paranoid about it. Cannot speak to anyone before I've had my shower in the morning. No worse way to be known than being the smelly boy I reckon, in office life.

Take the bus til the showers are fixed! Or train in, cycle home.

Brock

Patrick Stevens said:
"Patrick rippled his bronzed torso at Arch and showed her his giant KitKat...................."

You know you're getting old when you cybersex in the past tense :blush:

Take up smoking, it'll cover up the smell from your pits. Works for me....

domtyler

Über Member
Is there a disabled toilet in your office? If so, this will do nicely for getting a nice wash and brush up in the morning.

yenrod

I was gonna ride in this morn BUT discovered that had a flat :blush:

So bus'ed it instead... :smile:

When I do its around 5ml which aint much as it only takes me 20min max..I do sweat but from the pressure of the backpack on the back !

I usually wear the socks Ive rode in - in; change shorts/longs for boxies then spare t-shirt + shirt.

I start before all this with a shower as this helps: starting clean !

Or try one before bed ?????

I can get a shower but just make do with a face-wash, this cools me down.

The building I change in is the toilets + shower + lockers though isn't part of the the comp I work for but no minds as not many ride in and are usually amazed I haven't got a car attached to my arse (a car driver) !

Talking of sweating loads (): I seen some bloke in shorts and t-shirt on a neat and VERY fast commuter bike other eve and even though it was cold - that really was one way to keep cool !

Wreck

I'm kind of new to all this cycling malarchy,but I find that since I've been using rock salt as an all over deodorant ( 8 years ish ) that I never get body odor,even in the most extreme circumstances. Plus it has the added benefit of not giving you cancer

Hi Maz

When I joined my company we had showers, lockers a changing area and even a gym. Since then though we have swapped the the gym and showers for some shareholders. The best thing about the showers was getting warm in the winter but I do miss the changing area.

Throughout this time I have cycled at least 5 miles to work. Regardless of the shower situation I smell of roses always have always will. Strangley colleagues who do bugger all seem to reek quite offensivly, bit of exercise is better than paco rabanne I reckon.

DLB

As others have suggested, i'd have a shower before you leave home or the night before. the new sweat can probably be cleaned up using a sink, towel and soap or baby wipes at work.

Top Bottom