Life without a shower...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
So, I used the disabled toilet this morning to dry off and get changed in. I would've expected there to be a hand basin in there, but there isn't. No big deal for me, but I haven't a clue how the guy in the wheelchair washes his hands after using the toilet...must use hand-wipes... or not bother) No way he can reach the regular basins.

Is the company not meeting its obligations? (it also means I can use that basin if one has to be fitted ;))

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Changing facilities gone for good then !!!

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
fossyant said:
Changing facilities gone for good then !!!
Aye, gone for good, I'm afraid.

I'm now campaigning for disability rights. No hand basin in the disabled toilet cubicle is a disgrace.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
At least you have room with a disabled lav..., I've also done toilet cubicles and cupboards as well..... the life us commuters live....

The best facilities I had was at a place I only commuted to a few times - had showers, but they were used by the lads in the yard - bit oily !!! Not much in drying facilities etc, and it was a 60 mile round commute...argh...

Best place I have is where I am at the moment - no walking to changing place, unpacking, getting changed, re packing, walking to office, unpacking and drying.....
Now.... walk to office, change, stuff on radiator, get clean, work clothes, on with the day !!!

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
BentMikey said:
So Maz, how was the stinkyness factor?
Not bad at all...as advised, I ease off for the last mile or so to reduce my sweatiness. Towel down and Lynx Africa when I get to work.

Had an embarassing mishap in the disabled toilet this morning...I accidently pulled the panic cord when I tripped up whilst taking my tights off and an alarm went off. Pulled the cord again in the hope it would go off, like a light switch, but to no avail. Eventally found the reset button, then someone came to check on me to see if I was OK. :blush:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Maz said:
Not bad at all...as advised, I ease off for the last mile or so to reduce my sweatiness. Towel down and Lynx Africa when I get to work.

Had an embarassing mishap in the disabled toilet this morning...I accidently pulled the panic cord when I tripped up whilst taking my tights off and an alarm went off. Pulled the cord again in the hope it would go off, like a light switch, but to no avail. Eventally found the reset button, then someone came to check on me to see if I was OK. :blush:

like that episode of the it crowd? did you end up in a minibus full of disabled gay blokes too?

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
DLB said:
As others have suggested, i'd have a shower before you leave home or the night before. the new sweat can probably be cleaned up using a sink, towel and soap or baby wipes at work.
Or maybe get a real job where ya bett ya swollocks off, after 10 minutes nobody notices 'cos they're all drenched in sweat as well.
bloody office tarts !! :blush:

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Elmer Fudd said:
Or maybe get a real job where ya bett ya swollocks off, after 10 minutes nobody notices 'cos they're all drenched in sweat as well.
bloody office tarts !! :blush:
'ey up, Luddite. I'm surprised you even use a computer! :smile:

Johnny Thin

gazzaputt said:
I do 19 miles without the use of showers at work. I use the sink in a disabled toilet to have a wash down and keep the toiletries in my desk.

Ditto, mine's slightly less, when I started the job I had use of a tied house, no longer available. I have a shower before I set off then a soapy wipe down with a flannel in a private bathroom is fine.

I also keep a folding bucket from Tesco's in the office for when I sleep over if working really late, this is for a full over wash so might do if you don't want to shower before you come. A baby bath is another possibility.

Top Bottom