Light bracket/mount question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snazpizaz

Hi

I wish to replace or modify the bracket/mounts my Cateye lights came with.
(see photos - two types : square plate / mount type and a narrower slide/clip plate / mount type)

Refering to the photos - could someone advise if these types of plate/mount connectors are generic and universal and therefore could i source alternatives to use as the basis of a mod elsewhere ?
If so: what are the codes/labels/names of the sizes shown in the photos ?
If this is a no-go due to light bracket plate/mounts being specific to each brand limitations - other workarounds or known hack suggestions welcome.

cheers folks - appreciated.
sp

Attachments

• IMG_20200618_145856.jpg
    IMG_20200618_145856.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200618_145305.jpg
    IMG_20200618_145305.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200618_144907.jpg
    IMG_20200618_144907.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 8

NotAsGoodAsMyBike

I’ve only ever come across these on Cateye lights.

What are you trying to achieve with your hack/bodge? You might find the thriving (quasi underground!) 3D-printing community can help - I bought a 3D-printed clamp to hold my Exposure light underneath a Garmin Mount.

Sharky

Guru
For rear LED lights, I've taken the front/back off and drilled tiny holes thru the case and then used zip ties to fix them to bags etc.

For rear LED lights, I've taken the front/back off and drilled tiny holes thru the case and then used zip ties to fix them to bags etc.
You mean for cateyes?
For fixing cateyes to bag/seatpack straps i just use the clip mount they supply (in pic above) just dremel a small hole through the clip prong that has no opening and put a ziptie through those two holes.
Re OPs post am afraid I don't really understand it.

johnnyb47

Guru
Those square brackets look very much like the ones Moon use. Aldi Bike mate lights use them as well in there Knock off Moon lights

Sharky

Guru
You mean for cateyes?
For fixing cateyes to bag/seatpack straps i just use the clip mount they supply (in pic above) just dremel a small hole through the clip prong that has no opening and put a ziptie through those two holes.
Re OPs post am afraid I don't really understand it.
Any generic rear led light. I've just drilled holes where I can and used zip ties to fasten to bags etc. Usually in situations where the seat post bracket would have been hidden by the rack bag.

OP
OP
S

snazpizaz

hi - thanks for incoming suggestions folks

Here's a bit more info on mod-ideas

The Cateye mounts supplied are very bulky and in-elegant black plastic - i want to take all that away and either strip it all back to a simple zip-tie mod or adapt to a new support bracket mechanism.
Also i want to be able to remove the lights but keep the mounts on-frame.

The following images made me wonder if i had more to play with if bike light mounts/plates were standardised cos they look similar but maybe they are all slightly different, even within the same brand. ? - i don't really know....it's a bit confusing....

Any further input welcome.
cheers
sp

Attachments

• metal cateye mount.jpg
    metal cateye mount.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 6
  • light bracket mount 2.JPG
    light bracket mount 2.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 7
  • mounts 3.JPG
    mounts 3.JPG