Light comparison -an idea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

:biggrin::biggrin:
On posted on the other thread, but I arrived at work this morning to a letter from TNT. they want £42.

Oh well. They're still worth it.

well if they've already delivered the lights y ou could just not bother paying it, at least until they get arsey. They might not bother and drop it.

doyler78

bonj said:
well if they've already delivered the lights y ou could just not bother paying it, at least until they get arsey. They might not bother and drop it.

From what I have been told they will not persue however your address goes on a blacklist and they will refuse to deliver anything in future therefore that precludes you from using any online retailer who uses TNT and also as you have used your work address then it is likely that your organisation will be blacklisted. They will not be impressed I bet :biggrin:

ajc

I've just received a letter from TNT, they wanted £31.54 from me, which I've just paid. I did ask what would have happened if I hadn't paid up, and I was told " we can't disclose that, but for such a small sum we probably wouldn't have bothered" , however they may have pursued it and I don't mind paying the extra £30 for such great lights.

doyler78

ajc said:
I've just received a letter from TNT, they wanted £31.54 from me, which I've just paid. I did ask what would have happened if I hadn't paid up, and I was told " we can't disclose that, but for such a small sum we probably wouldn't have bothered" , however they may have pursued it and I don't mind paying the extra £30 for such great lights.

As a matter of interest how long is it since you received yours ie trying to work how long is the most you will have to wait before you can breathe a sigh of relief.

ajc

It was 11 days, I got the lights on 9th Nov, TNT letter was dated 20th, but the letter spent 10 days doing the rounds at various Company offices down south before arriving on my doorstep yesterday. Wished I hadn't check my mail box now !

doyler78

ajc said:
It was 11 days, I got the lights on 9th Nov, TNT letter was dated 20th, but the letter spent 10 days doing the rounds at various Company offices down south before arriving on my doorstep yesterday. Wished I hadn't check my mail box now !

Thanks ajc - mine were sent on 24 Oct arriving the following week so had them before the end of October. Guess I really have got away with it and breathe easier now. :biggrin:

mikeitup

Veteran
doyler78 said:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Why you got hit already. You only got yours very recently. How much you get charged?

Not yet, but knowing my run of luck lately.................:biggrin:

ajc

I think you'll be safe now Doyler, but thanks for letting us know you've not paid any excess :biggrin:

On a happier note, and I think I'll open up a thread, I did my first commute in 8 months today and cycling home on an un-lit towpath I had my Ay-Ups on, it really was like cycling in daylight, absolutely fantastic lights, they made a huge difference :biggrin:

doyler78

ajc said:
I think you'll be safe now Doyler, but thanks for letting us know you've not paid any excess :biggrin:

On a happier note, and I think I'll open up a thread, I did my first commute in 8 months today and cycling home on an un-lit towpath I had my Ay-Ups on, it really was like cycling in daylight, absolutely fantastic lights, they made a huge difference :biggrin:

Totally agree. As someone who never cycled in the dark as I thought it was just plain foolishness I was really surprised at just how good the lights would be. To be honest I thought I was going to end up just using them in fading light. I love night riding now even when the other cars blind me with full beams!!! Still would really love a helmet mounted one in narrow beam just so I can blind them back and see my gears, hrm, etc. Will buy next year after christmas.

Top Bottom