Lightcarbon frame, made in China

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigMeatball

Has anyone had any experience with these guys?

https://www.lightcarbon.com/

From my very superficial knowledge, bike frames manufacturers from Taiwan are very good while the manufacturers from China can be a bit hit and miss. Nevertheless, this company does look legit (professional website, social media presence, good customer service).

Also, I watched a couple of videos on youtube of an aussie guy claiming this is the company Phil Gaimon used to get his frames from (to then re sell them for 10x the price...lol, the guy didn't have the highest opinion of good ol' Phil :laugh:).

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this company?

si_c

Guru
Has anyone had any experience with these guys?

https://www.lightcarbon.com/

From my very superficial knowledge, bike frames manufacturers from Taiwan are very good while the manufacturers from China can be a bit hit and miss. Nevertheless, this company does look legit (professional website, social media presence, good customer service).

Also, I watched a couple of videos on youtube of an aussie guy claiming this is the company Phil Gaimon used to get his frames from (to then re sell them for 10x the price...lol, the guy didn't have the highest opinion of good ol' Phil :laugh:).

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this company?
Are you sure you mean Phil Gaimon - AIUI he's pretty much always been sponsored by Cannondale.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
The Aussie in question has a very mixed reputation. He has been on here in the past. He got p'd off when Phil Gaimon dropped him on his local climb. He then accused him of being a dopper and said that his frames came from said Chinese manufacturer. What my daughter would describe as "beef" . An amusing pun given Mr Drider is a committed Vegan

In answer to the op question though, whilst I have no direct experience of Light carbon, I have a Dengfu frame with 50000 km on it including racing and commuting in all weather and it has been absolutely fine. I believe Hongfu and Yoleo are also good. I would err towards one of them.

Top Bottom