Lighting your shed / bike storage area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sabian92

Über Member
I use the sun. :biggrin:

Bodhbh

Guru
Poorper here - use a headtorch, no lights - but it's the landlords shed and I'm not buying lights for him.

subaqua

What’s the point
I do all my work on the bike in the dining room. plastic sheet underneath . loads of lighting . I won a solar lighting kit in work a few years ago. not installed it yet. all thats needed is a battery.

paulw1969

Ridley rider
too much faff to keep the bike in my "shed" its concrete preformed with full electrics, pitched roof and double glazing but no heating so it gets cold and therefore "damp".....i keep the bike in the dining room as its easier to keep it there and leave early in the mornings for my commute......also the bike must be looked after!!.....much to the annoyance of the wife:whistle:

Drago

Legendary Member
My father in law built me a small but tidy shed for bike storage, with a bench and vice so it doubles as a workshop. I wired it for light and power, and the bloke that fitted our kitchen inspected and certified it for free while he was working at our house so I slipped him a crate of beer as a thank you.

Got a single light fitting with an energy saver which is ample, but I have a plug in inspection lamp if needed.

In my last place I kept my bikes in a basement which although it had lights, they never worked.
A few cheap LED lights from Robert Dyas were enough to provide enough light for putting the bike away and most maintenance tasks. Get the ones that run off AA or AAA as these batteries always seem to be on offer.

My current place has a bike storage room with main lighting. Although its full of bikes that never move.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Old house had electric cable to the shed as defy has mentioned, currently use the garage thats built into the house that has lights + power points as my haven
"I suppose your going to the garage again and leaving me with the kids " is a common phrase i hear ...

Top Bottom