Lights again ... but only to be seen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

digit

I'm after a set of lights ... these are to be seen. I don't cycle at night so don't need to light up the road for miles ahead.

any recommendations?

Cheers

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you don't cycle at night, then you don't need lights ?

Seriously, what's the purpose - gloomy weather ? Budget ?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Poundland.

I got a couple of their LED rear lights as emergency back ups and they are at least as bright as the 'proper' branded rear light I've got and have about 6 different light settings.
In fact I put one on the bike as a stopgap due to failing batteries and I've left it on it's that good - it's been on most of the winter with no problems. It's been covered with mud, been out in rain that has soaked me to the skin, in cold that has chilled me to the bone and it just keeps working.
The only thing I've had to do is change the batteries the other week.

So two lights and a pack of 8 alkaline batteries = £3.00

http://www.poundland.co.uk/my-cycle-5-led-back-bike-light

I keep a stash of Aldi lights as backups. Useful in fog, mist and heavy rain.
Any LED will do the job, they are all a squillion times better than the lights people used before LEDs

classic33

Leg End Member
Poundland.

I got a couple of their LED rear lights as emergency back ups and they are at least as bright as the 'proper' branded rear light I've got and have about 6 different light settings.
In fact I put one on the bike as a stopgap due to failing batteries and I've left it on it's that good - it's been on most of the winter with no problems. It's been covered with mud, been out in rain that has soaked me to the skin, in cold that has chilled me to the bone and it just keeps working.
The only thing I've had to do is change the batteries the other week.

So two lights and a pack of 8 alkaline batteries = £3.00

http://www.poundland.co.uk/my-cycle-5-led-back-bike-light
Their front light isn't as good though. Screw seal lets in water, better spending a bit more elsewhere.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
These Moon Comet clones from Planet X. Only £6 each (+P&P) when you use the code PXPPP40 at checkout.
Those are pretty good as "be seen" lights, as they are bright across a much larger angle than more normal lights, like the poundland ones.

They are USB chargeable internal battery, so good for a commute, but less so if you can't charge regularly.

OP
OP
D

digit

Thanks all for the suggestions, a range of options and cheap enough for me.

Cheers

AlanW

Guru
To be honest, you'll be hard to beat THIS and THIS

Absolutely great light with a superb battery range and weighs next to nothing. And if you do happen to get caught out, you can (just about) ride in in complete darkness

Top Bottom