Lights and Power Packs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Should be fine I would have thought. The light will draw the amount of power it needs up to 2.1A from the power bank. Waterproofing might be an issue in rain however.

[QUOTE 5426386, member: 9609"]Using a Volt800 can I plug it into a power pack and just keep riding on full beam - or does that damage something ?

battery with volt800 is rated as 3400mAh and lasts 2 hours on full beam so can I guess it draws 1.7 amps ?
power pack is rated as 2.1amps max, so in theory it could work ?
but would I need a heavier usb cable ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you will need a heavier USB cable. I say "heavier" with some reservation because I don't know how "heavy" yours is. I once melted a lightweight cable in a similar way.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
[QUOTE 5460953, member: 9609"]I have checked with Cateye and they have said a big NO to powering the light from a powerbank, in fact the light is designed to switch off as soon as it is plugged into a power supply - I have since tried this and yes the light just won't work whilst plugged in. Pity, it would have been handy to use it that way in emergencies, but I had wondered if doing that could cause problems.[/QUOTE]
Another way that Cateye lights suck. The recent Crivit ones are happy to run direct from USB power and it's got us home when one got switched on by careless packing in a bag.

Top Bottom