Lightweight Waterproof Jackets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Seeing as my Altura Pocket Rocket only seems fit for lining a dustbin, I need some recommendation for a similar lightweight waterproof jacket. The Pocket Rocket comes in around the £60 mark, and would go up to about that cost again. I know I'm not going to get anything miraculous at that price mark, but going to need something now the rainy season is almost back (did it ever leave?).

Must be one that can be easily stowed in a jersey pocket :smile:

Looking forward to your suggestions.

diddle

guttertrash.
I got one of the Lidi jackets last year, Nowhere near £60 either. If memory is working correctly I think it was about £20. It's still going strong 12 months on. If your jackets aren't lasting that long then try either the Lidi or Aldi ones. Lidi's bike stuff is on sale again this coming week.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Tenn Vapor jacket it is superb for not a great deal of cash. It is waterproof and it is pretty breathable. I have had 2 similar jackets to compare it to, one from Aldi which was supposed to be showerproof and is like a teabag. Great for shielding from the wind though. I then had a cheapo waterproof from Decathlon that was total boil in the bag. The Tenn jacket is a brilliant compromise between the 2.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tenn-Vapor-...1C2C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348320582&sr=8-1

OP
OP
G

guttertrash

Über Member
I've tried Lidl and Aldi sales before, and they never seem to have the stuff I want in our local shops.

The Tenn one looks interesting, but the picture looks like it might be a struggle to get in a jersey pocket?

bobones

Veteran
Endura FS260-Pro Adrenaline Race Cape - packs in supplied bag, lightweight soft fabic, taped seams and zips. I bought this to replace the Altura Erofit Race Cape that fell out of my pocket. The Endura has softer fabric that doesn't rustle and works really well. Both of these are superior to non-taped packable jackets such as Pocket Rocket and Pak-a-Jak.

fuji-stu

I got one of those pocket rockets it's great till it gets wet..bloody rubbish

PpPete

Legendary Member
Tenn Vapor jacket it is superb for not a great deal of cash. It is waterproof and it is pretty breathable. I have had 2 similar jackets to compare it to, one from Aldi which was supposed to be showerproof and is like a teabag. Great for shielding from the wind though. I then had a cheapo waterproof from Decathlon that was total boil in the bag. The Tenn jacket is a brilliant compromise between the 2.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tenn-Vapor-...1C2C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348320582&sr=8-1

Usually available cheaper than that:
http://www.cycle-clothes.co.uk/jackets/ had it for £29.99 last week !
Go at least one size one down on their size recommendations though. IME they come up very big.

If you are careful folding it up it will go in a jersey pocket with a bit poking out the top.

I've got an old Decathlon one which really shouldn't be much cop, but it's really really great in a (heavy) shower. It kept my top haly dry in that deluge on the last Southend FNrTTc anyway.

I'm anticipating more prolonged inclemency over the weekend in Holland though so I'm going to treat myself to a Gore Path out of my works pay-off.

Top Bottom