Like a wee hoo i-go but not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Having had Big Bertha arrive and be fitted I have noticed there is no stem space under the saddle for the hitch for a wee hoo to go, let alone any other type of tag along type thing to go....

Does anyone know of a wee hoo type tag a long that fits to the wheel nut like bike trailers do?

It would need to be a proper seat like a wee hoo with pedals for the small person to pedal not just sit there

If any of that makes sense can anyone assist?

Or does anyone know of a work around if the saddle post is not available to attach the saddle post attachment to.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
There's definitely one that has a fitting on a rack rather than the seat post. Don't think there's one that hitches to the wheel though, as they generally pivot more than a trailer.

hatler

Guru
Try the follow-me tandem (there's a thread on this board somewhere). I don't think that needs exposed seat post but I could be wrong.

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

There's definitely one that has a fitting on a rack rather than the seat post. Don't think there's one that hitches to the wheel though, as they generally pivot more than a trailer.

The rack would be okay too

Try the follow-me tandem (there's a thread on this board somewhere). I don't think that needs exposed seat post but I could be wrong.

Nope to attaching bike to bike, basically I want something she can fall asleep in but also pedals herself i.e. the Wee Hoo but without a seat post attachment

The original Islabikes and some of the Burley ones used to have a rack with an upright that the trailer bike fitted to

The fitting was like a fork stem, and the headset of the trailer bike fitted on to it.

trailerbike4.jpg

Roland do a similar item for their trailer bike, and you can buy additional racks with mount.

Could be worth ringing this company for advice as to whether it can be used with other makes

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Having had Bertha seat adjusted by a man that knows about these things :blush: I had the saddle to low for me now I am no longer wobbly I have lots of seat post available for wee hoo attachment, however, it says in the manual that you cannot attach it to a bike with a rear luggage rack that Bertha does have

IMGP2207.JPG

and I do not want to remove, but, then I see pictures like these, that clearly do have a luggage rack at the rear (see below) so am I misunderstand what a rear luggage rack is? or is it bike type dependant.

e73fb7c728a2c5cbb645121111b116c1.jpg

ba151f265a44e4c034254a3870f4933d.jpg

eb4a5ad3b15c8b12ef662d2be9758476.jpg

064aa30913697570fb2401c762bb937b.jpg

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

My tagalong easily passes over the rack on my bike.

So I have got the right bit then, sorry to seem :wacko: but I sometimes get a bit confused over what is called what on the bike :blush:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Might depend on the shape of the thingy* that fastens to the stem seat post** compared to the shape of your rack.

(* this is a technical term!)

** edited after reading the helpful diagram below!

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Tested a Wee Hoo and it all fitted fine so one arrived at Christmas...

IMGP3292.JPG

Now they are offering to ship one of these All Weather Canopies to the UK (this week only deal) for $100! Oooh I think that might be a yes in this current weather!

1458593_10151769448926611_1851092558_n.jpg

Top Bottom