Limited funds - what to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
I have a need for a powerful bike pump (120 needed, weight not an issue particularly but bike fixing is), a lightweight portable waterproof jacket and a quality pair of 3/4 length shorts (bib or waist) but only so much money. Any recommendations?

Topeak Mini-Morph seems well regarded.

Jackets, I'm clueless on, but the Altura pocket rocket is the sort of thing I'm looking for. Is this the best buy for the money?

And 3/4 length shorts haven't a clue.

If I had to drop one and buy the other two, I suppose the shorts could do or I could make do with another pair of Ron Hill Bikesters for now.

lazyfatgit

I've got a zefal HPX, which gets to 100 in jig time, thats the max on my marathons. Didn't cost a bomb either.

no idea on jackets, i've got an aldi special and a lusso gt65 which is good but i got half price and certainly wasn;t worth full price.

i like endura shorts, which so far have been comfy and hardwearing at a reasonable price.
on limited funds, i'd spend the cash on the shorts - thats your main contact point.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Chris, I have the toepeak pocket rocket and had to use it for the first time in ernst on Helen's Suffolk ride at the weekend. I checked the pressure with my track pump when I got home and was pleased to see the reading was 110 psi. Fixes to the bottle mount underneath the bottle cage and is an excellent piece of kit. :smile:

Top Bottom