Linkedin ..scam emails

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
So whats the scam with these.
Ive had maybe 50-70 this week , "you appeared in 6 search this week" search not searches, so usual poor grammar spelling clues.

I dont and never have had a linkden linkdin LinkedIn ?? Account .
Is it just to get you to click? Or are they after money ect

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Linkedin is facebook for business. They never ask for money except to upgrade your account if you have one.
If its poor grammar then its phishing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

But Linkedin are scammers, just like most US run firms that offer Free 1 month membership, you have to give them your credit card details upfront before they enable it. Linkedin, Strava, Amazon they are all the same.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Business contacts keep asking me to join but I can't see the point. How would it enhance my working life? We've got email and phones. And the fewer organisations have my details, the better.

I've been getting them too.
The email addresses they come from are all different but there is usually an occasional one that appears to have come from LinkedIn
(Just hover the mouse over the Linkedin title on the email to see where it's come from).

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Linkedin is slightly different, (I don't do Facebook) I've known a few people get good jobs by having a good Linkedin profile

LinkedIn is, essentially, just a jobs marketplace.

It does have lots of closed discussion groups - I was a moderator for a couple of aerospace professionals groups for a while, but I gave up because of the abysmally low signal-to-noise ratio and the depressing number of fake profiles.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
But Linkedin are scammers, just like most US run firms that offer Free 1 month membership, you have to give them your credit card details upfront before they enable it. Linkedin, Strava, Amazon they are all the same.

Thats funny because I am a member and have never had to give any credit card details.

D

Deleted member 26715

Thats funny because I am a member and have never had to give any credit card details.

I've been on LinkedIn for a few years and have never paid them any money.

Premium service "Try One Month Free" but only if you give us your credit card details first scam is what I am referring to

byegad

Legendary Member
Apparently my profile needs updating regularly, I get one email every 2 or 3 months.
So do my account details with Barclays, Nat West and many other organisations.

The bad spelling and poor grammar is, I think, deliberate and puts of the more educated and intelligent who dismiss them out of hand. They'd not fall for the scam anyway and are more likely to engage on a wind up, so wasting the scammer's time.

Top Bottom