Lips cracking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
[QUOTE 5563156, member: 9609"]is it old age bolluxs or something[/QUOTE]
That could be your problem right there!!! You don't want to be putting them old age bolluxs in your mouth..... :wacko:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
My face gets very dry and sore during winter riding and my fingers dry leading to painful splits and cracks.

I find a generous application of Neutrogena deep moisture body lotion is the answer. I use this before a cold, windy ride and sometimes afterwards if I feel the need.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
[QUOTE 5563156, member: 9609"]Long days on the road in the cold my lips are cracking at each side - what's all that about?

they never used too but this winter .... ... is it old age bolluxs or something?[/QUOTE]
I don't think they've got anything to do with it, have they?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Now this is getting interesting! A bunch of well'ard men talking about the best moisturisers.....

My personal favourite is Aveno - www.aveeno.com/products/daily-moisturizing-lotion

I find it effective at keeping the elements away from my delicate façade during the winter months. When used on hands I notice water beads and runs off like a waxed car bonnet for hours afterwards (obviously hand washing with soap spoils this after 1 or 2 washes) but it is not greasy at all and dries in to the skin very quickly. An application in the morning seems to protect my face for the day :girldance:

Slioch

Guru
Does anyone else put vaseline on their nipples (just asking for a friend, like :whistle:).

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@User9609 For the issue with hand splits I find this works. Buy a tube of Neutrogena "Norwegian formula" hand cream and a box of latex gloves.

Before going to bed work the cream gently in to the splits until each one is filled with cream. It will be a dull whiteish colour at this point and impossible to work in further. Put on a latex glove and leave in place till the morning. Your hand will sweat but this helps the healing process. By the morning there should be a big improvement. After 2-3 nights the problem will be gone.

On rides I sometimes wear latex gloves and small amount of cream as a base layer - your hands will get sweaty but the skin remains moist and doesn't crack.

I find Neutrogena products outstanding for all dry, cracked skin issues. I'm sure others work but it's Neutrogena for me.

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
[QUOTE 5564334, member: 9609"]my hands have been suffering a bit too with splits and cracks, interesting to hear others having simillar issues. I guess its just winter riding. I think this winter is starting to take it's toll, i'm pleased with my 1600mile so far this year but I'm starting to fall to bits, feet are covered in chillblanes, left hand is all splits and cracks and the nails are delaminating, and now my lips are all split - love oranges but they're fair making my eyes water at the mo.

wifes bought is some lip stuff that I'm going to try. The morrows forecast is a bit wild so I guess I will take another battering.

need a bit warm spring weather[/QUOTE]

Working Hands on err your hands and Sudocrem on your feet. :okay:

Top Bottom