Little Gems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NigC

Don't use inner tubes with "goo" inside them that are supposed to repair themselves. I had one explode and spread the stuff everywhere inside the wheel - horrible mess!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
From a motorbiker......in slow moving traffic, watch out for lane tarts (drivers switching lanes as other is moving faster).

Norm

The amount of fun you can have on or in any vehicle / boat is inversely proportional to how much it cost.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Norm said:
The amount of fun you can have on or in any vehicle / boat is inversely proportional to how much it cost.

So a £99 bike from Argos is more fun than a £1,000 bike?
And a Nissan Micra is more fun than an Aston Martin?

Wrong.

dondare

Über Member
benb said:

Wrong.

Depends on what you enjoy doing.

I've cycled across the frozen ice on a pond on a BSO, which I wouldn't do on a Bike I cared about.

Moodyman

Legendary Member

I don't think that's what Norm was saying. What he's saying is that the £1k bike though far better than a £99 bike, is not 1010% better.

Law of diminishing returns.

Norm

benb said:

Wrong.
Go on, then, try and have more fun in a car that costs £150k than you could in a £20 scrappie special and a big empty field. :laugh:

But don't bring me the repair bill. :becool:

This sort of misconception plagued me through many Porsches and BMWs which I worried about parking anywhere. Now I have a 20 year old Land Rover.

Top Bottom