Little Gems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slartibartfast

Über Member
When flying down a hill, do remember to change gear so that you don't spin at 100000000 rpm at the bottom when you start pedalling. :biggrin:

Norm said:
Now I have a 20 year old Land Rover.

Ah, a new one then... What's wrong with proper ones?

Apart from aluminium oxidising where it meets steel, dual cylinder drum brakes that might as well not exist, steering that responds 20 minutes later after the gargantuan wheel turning effort, leaf springs that shake every bone out of its socket and every kind of oil leaking from every kind of seal.

Norm

Sheffield_Tiger said:
Ah, a new one then... What's wrong with proper ones?

Apart from aluminium oxidising where it meets steel, dual cylinder drum brakes that might as well not exist, steering that responds 20 minutes later after the gargantuan wheel turning effort, leaf springs that shake every bone out of its socket and every kind of oil leaking from every kind of seal.
Don't forget the individual wipers, because you've got two windscreens, and the sliding windows.

Truth is that I'd love a SWB Series, hard top or safari, but a friend needed some money fast and had a LWB truck cab that he wanted to turn into cash.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Moodyman said:
From a motorbiker......in slow moving traffic, watch out for lane tarts (drivers switching lanes as other is moving faster).

Sore point. Very sore point.....:biggrin:

Remember the number plate.......... train yourself to remember the number plate of the last car to pass you.....it may come in handy!

wafflycat

TheDoctor said:
There was me thinking this was about the little biscuit things with brightly coloured icing on :ohmy:

[healthy eating]

I was thinking more along the lines of a rather flavoursome variety of lettuce.

[/healthy eating]

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Molecule Man said:
When approaching a parked car, keep an eye of whether the wheels are changing direction, indicating it could pull out in front of you.

And try to look in from the back or see the mirrors to see if someone is actually in the car to start off with, just in case they suddenly open their door in front of you (which brings me to my next piece of advice - always cycle at least a doors width away from a car).

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Oh yes, and wear a top that isn't too loose round the bottom of the sleeves so that cool air doesn't blow constantly up them and eventually make you cold.

Never made that mistake twice.

Top Bottom