Little lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Thanks, everyone. Any more?

Fnaar, do the frogs fit ok on bulky road bike bars?

How bulky, coffeejo?
Here's a pic of my front one on the roadie. As you may know, they're small ( the top buttony bit is roughly the size of a 50p) and they have a stretchy band that goes round the bar and attaches to itself. They could quite easily go around something thicker (with more girth
smile.gif
) than the bars I have this one on.

Attachments

• IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 58

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have a Knog Toad - 4 led one that mounts vertically (smallamount of bar space).

Only down side can be the rain - if fitted when wet the thing pings off or if you don't get the cover aligned properly you can't switch the bugger on. Can get waterlogged some times, but dries out on the radiator (much like Smarts) with no problem. Takes a bit of fitting to my o/s Ritchey bars though.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Thanks everyone, I've gone for the knog frog. Fnaar, I know who to blame if it's rubbish!

Ribbit! Ribbit!
I've bought five of them in my life... one front and rear for each bike currently in use, and one replacement for the one I lost somewhere in my garden.

Never had any joy with Knog's TBH. I bought 2 BEETLES a couple of years ago. They were ok until they got wet, (didn't take long obviously). Since then the switches have always been temperamental, one to the extent that it went in the bin, and one to the extent that I simply can't be @rsed with it, that one will go in the bin on the next shed tidy :sad:

I also bought a GEKKO at the same time. That did still work last time I checked, but all the LED lenses are fogged from water ingress and it now lives in a drawer as a desperate emergency light, (if it still works at all).
Perhaps mine have been all been Friday afternoon items, or maybe it's just the 2 styles I bought that aren't great.

Fnaar has clearly had far more luck with Knog's than I have, so hopefully yours will be just as good as his :thumbsup:

baldycyclist

Über Member
I have these on my front forks low down not flashing though (act like the stupid fogs that dim car drivers use all the time) and I have got them flashing on my rear stays and one on my helmet not flashing.
Also got a main on my front and back not flashing.

Fast_Mark

I love my knog frogs, they're always in my saddle bag in case of emergency and so bloody bright I've every confidence I'll be seen. I run them on double flash mode, seems to wake motorists up. (maybe they think I'm a speed camera!)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've never tried any knogs other han the frogs, but yes, my experience of them has been good. No water ingress, bright enough to be seen, easy to put on and take off, and I've even changed batteries in them.

Edge705

Ive been pretty impressed with the design of these what I like is that they are effective and unobtrusive they are much smaller than they look in the picture but at the same time offer an alternative to the knog

amaferanga

Veteran
The issue with almost all the lights others have recommended is that they take CR2032 and while they may last a long time I find the ability to either recharge the light or batteries to be a massive plus. Hence why I went for the Moon Gem light. It takes up less room on the bars than most of the lights others have recommended, is probably brighter than most and while a charge doesn't last nearly as long, its easy to recharge at work or home.

The issue with almost all the lights others have recommended is that they take CR2032 and while they may last a long time I find the ability to either recharge the light or batteries to be a massive plus. Hence why I went for the Moon Gem light. It takes up less room on the bars than most of the lights others have recommended, is probably brighter than most and while a charge doesn't last nearly as long, its easy to recharge at work or home.

I can't remeber when I last had to change any of mine, although one is starting to look a tad dim TBH.

10 x CR2032 for £1.28 :thumbsup:

Top Bottom