Little lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I thought I was sorted on the light front, but yesterday's unintentional ride home in the gloom and rain has made me realise that I need a small, unobtrusive, permanently attached light for my road bike that will do as a back up to my Hope or act as a decent 'be seen' light when it's miserable but not dark.

I want something without a bracket as it's for the road bike and I'm trying to keep it as clutter free as possible, IYSWIM. :blush: I was looking at a Knog, either the Beetle or the Gekko, but I've read some negative reviews that have put me off, so I've also been looking at the Cateye SL-LD100 range.

Any thoughts / alternative recommendations? Obviously, since we're coming up to winter and/or live in the UK, the ability to cope with heavy rain is a must!

vickster

Legendary Member
I got these for emergency use on the road bike, sit happily on the front and rear tubes, out of the way, no clutter on the handlebars and only a tenner

http://www.bikesyoulike.co.uk/product/248/Cateye_LD170_Front_Rear_Set

I got these for emergency use on the road bike, sit happily on the front and rear tubes, out of the way, no clutter on the handlebars and only a tenner

I used to use one of those rear ones, it's been a cracking little light IME. Sadly one of the LED's has gone now and it's been de-moted to emergency light itself, but other than that it's still going strong after a good few years, and I have absolutely no idea when I last changed the batts :thumbsup:

I use the Cateye EL410 on my road bikes partly because its adaptability to fit anywhere but also because it has an integrated bracket so I'm not leaving anything on my bars :blush: but is still bright and robust enough.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Tesco Micro LEDs are currently reduced to £2.74. They are immensely bright, have a mad strobe setting, and are as small as they get. I have them permanently taped to all my bikes in case of main light failure.

amaferanga

Veteran
Recently bought myself a Moon Gem 1.0. Much better and brighter than most micro lights I've seen and it's still only the size of a regular usb stick. The big draw for me is that it's rechargeable via usb so I don't need to buy batteries for it. Seems that there are very few ('be seen') front lights that are very small, but also rechargeable.

Top Bottom