Little V's first off....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got a call earlier at work from Mrs V.... THAT phone call. Ben has come off his bike on way and has hurt himself. Luckily Doctors surgery is on the way home and a nurse checked him over.

Badly grazed face and a split lip. A mate of his locked the bike up safe which ive now retrieved (and is okay) kids who lived near came out with bandages and plasters to see if they could help until Mrs V got there.

The reason for the off? Riding non handed! Hes suitably upset and will be a long time before he trys it again

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Tell him that the same happened to Chris Froome recently. Glad all's relatively OK.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Oh dear. It's always horrible to get that phone call. You always imagine the worst.

Let's hope it will be a while before he tries that kind of thing again, although knowing kids I wouldn't bank on it. :laugh:. Glad he is ok.

It's also nice that there are people willing to help

Globalti

Legendary Member
Paracetamol is his friend, child dose every five hours. Keep a note of times.

It's awful when your child gets hurt. GtiJunior crashed aged 13, just 7 miles into the C2C, lost control on a wet descent, nutted a tree and knocked himself out. Coming round a corner and finding him unconscious and bleeding in a ditch was horrible but he's OK now.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Poor little V hope he recovers soon. We’ve all done it one time or another at least when your kid you bounced a bit better than you do in later life. :smile:
Don’t stop you trying to see if you still can :whistle:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Oh no!
Really good that help was close by. Best wishes for Ben's recovery.
These things can knock confidence, and the weather this time of year isn't always conducive to two wheeled pursuits.

My son had a similar mishap in spring and broke his wrist. Took 3 months to get him back on the bike.

Top Bottom