Little V's first off....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Hurting yourself is how you (hopefully) learn not to do too many stupid things as you get older. I've had a few spills when I was a youngster, and they were invariably the result of me trying to show off, performing jumps off wooden ramps supported by house bricks, or thinking my bike control skills were better than they actually were. Coming unstuck has taught me to be an awful lot more cautious when cycling as an adult. I don't touch hot cookers either, having also learned that the hard way.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Ive told him he needs to get back on the bike as soon as possible otherwise the longer he leaves the harder it will be. Walking is an option but he likes to bike it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Ive told him he needs to get back on the bike as soon as possible otherwise the longer he leaves the harder it will be. Walking is an option but he likes to bike it.
when i was knocked off i was back on the bike after about a week , the longer you leave it the harder it is to get back to it , maybe a little gift bike related to get him back on it ?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
When your mates are all messing around on their bikes and plan to go somewhere on them, you soon get back in the saddle even if you've had a crash, otherwise you end up getting left out of whatever escapades the others are up to.,

D

Deleted member 26715

The reason for the off? Riding non handed! Hes suitably upset and will be a long time before he trys it again
Just advise him if he's falling off doing it he's doing it wrong & needs to practise more ^_^ I still have a scar on my elbow where I got it wrong as well.
I don't touch hot cookers either, having also learned that the hard way.
I learnt that as well, unfortunately I still try to pick up metal I have just welded despite knowing better

Tenkaykev

Guru
Glad to hear that your lad is well and recovered.

Nearly had an off myself on Saturday.
I was cycling back from parkrun and had my winter coat on ( non cycling specific)
Approaching a junction with the lights against me I slowed and made to dismount and put my foot down when my jacket caught under my saddle. I grabbed hold of a post and managed to stay upright so no harm done apart from wounded pride.

New cycling specific jacket on order so every cloud and all that...

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Once he gets the hang of riding no-hands, tell him the really cool people cross their arms and hold the right handlebar with their left hand and vice versa :smile: (or rather don't, I still remember the pressed asphalt mark in my forehead)

Top Bottom