Livestrong banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Spelling's not my forté

19900221_yellow.jpg

thom

____
Livewrong more like

thom

____
Have you two done as much good as that foundation has, of course not so why slate it. Sad people.
There's various ways you can chose to look at this and life in general. I don't believe in the idea of perfect heroes. I think it's unhealthy.
If you set yourself up as an example of how you lived your life, to inspire people and then the reality is shown to be based upon a lie, the effect is corrosive to all with whom you associate. That foundation doesn't fund Cancer research you know, but Cancer awareness, as Ned Boulting pointed out yesterday.
This is a cycling forum and by any stretch of the imagination, the truth of LA's participation in the sport and the people with whom he competed at the time, is and was wrong for the sport and represent no way in which to live a life worth living.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
raising awareness = high profile jollies

Cancer reasearch...most definitely yes....cancer awareness...how big a problem is the lack of awareness?

Cancer reasearch...most definitely yes....cancer awareness...how big a problem is the lack of awareness?

I've always wondered that myself.....how it would be possible to raise 'awareness' of something which is already the world's most deadly disease..??

zizou

Veteran
Cancer awareness is a pretty important part of the jigsaw too - over the last couple of decades breast cancer screening and self checking has helped many women get treatment early enough for it to be effective and men have lagged a bit behind in awareness and/or have a reluctance to go to the doctors about such things. It is easy to be flippant and dismissive but increased awareness is still needed as well as the funding of research and care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom