Livestrong banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Donations to Livestrong shooting up, sponsors lining up to state their support including Anheuser-Busch, Nike and Oakley. The KC Livestrong Park in Kansas saying they will not be changing their name (with which comes $7.5m p.a. donation to Livestrong). I'm wondering just who doesn't get it.

And of course its a side view of my brain just like you are a convicted comedy criminal. Nobber!
How appropriate!

Thought you might like to read what some of his sponsors have said in the past 24hrs:

•Anheuser-Busch: "Our partnership with Lance remains unchanged. He has inspired millions with his athletic achievement and his commitment to helping cancer survivors and their families."

Nike: "We are saddened that Lance Armstrong may no longer be able to participate in certain competitions and his titles appear to be impacted. Lance has stated his innocence and has been unwavering on this position. Nike plans to continue to support Lance and the Lance Armstrong Foundation, a foundation that Lance created to serve cancer survivors."

•Oakley: "As Lance's longtime supporter and partner, Oakley respects his decision and his restated commitment to focus on the Foundation he created to help battle cancer. He has inspired many and the Foundation is an example of his work. Oakley will continue to support The Lance Armstrong Foundation, and as we have stated in the past, Oakley supports its athletes who respect and honor the ethics of sports until proven otherwise."

•Honey Stinger: "Lance Armstrong is a member of our ownership team and he has played an important part in Honey Stinger's growth. We look forward to working with him in this capacity to help increase our sales and build our brand. Additionally, we continue our support of the Lance Armstrong Foundation as a sponsor of the Livestrong Challenge Series."

•The FRS Company: "We will continue to support Lance and his commitment in raising awareness and fighting the war against cancer as a proud sponsor of the Livestrong Foundation. His achievements in raising awareness and funds for cancer advocacy embody the spirit of FRS, which is all about health, wellness and life performance."

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Thought you might like to read what some of his sponsors have said in the past 24hrs:

•Anheuser-Busch: "Our partnership with Lance remains unchanged. He has inspired millions with his athletic achievement and his commitment to helping cancer survivors and their families."

Nike: "We are saddened that Lance Armstrong may no longer be able to participate in certain competitions and his titles appear to be impacted. Lance has stated his innocence and has been unwavering on this position. Nike plans to continue to support Lance and the Lance Armstrong Foundation, a foundation that Lance created to serve cancer survivors."

•Oakley: "As Lance's longtime supporter and partner, Oakley respects his decision and his restated commitment to focus on the Foundation he created to help battle cancer. He has inspired many and the Foundation is an example of his work. Oakley will continue to support The Lance Armstrong Foundation, and as we have stated in the past, Oakley supports its athletes who respect and honor the ethics of sports until proven otherwise."

•Honey Stinger: "Lance Armstrong is a member of our ownership team and he has played an important part in Honey Stinger's growth. We look forward to working with him in this capacity to help increase our sales and build our brand. Additionally, we continue our support of the Lance Armstrong Foundation as a sponsor of the Livestrong Challenge Series."

•The FRS Company: "We will continue to support Lance and his commitment in raising awareness and fighting the war against cancer as a proud sponsor of the Livestrong Foundation. His achievements in raising awareness and funds for cancer advocacy embody the spirit of FRS, which is all about health, wellness and life performance."
Yeah, we get it. You're an unthinking fanboy and it doesn't matter that his empire is built on a foundation of lies, cheating and manipulation and his sponsors are willing to jump on the gravy train to maximise their profits but can you point out the bit that we should admire in all this?

Yeah, we get it. You're an unthinking fanboy and it doesn't matter that his empire is built on a foundation of lies, cheating and manipulation and his sponsors are willing to jump on the gravy train to maximise their profits but can you point out the bit that we should admire in all this?

I didn't expect you to admire any of it. I expected the reaction from you that you just gave. What puzzles me is how you think a person who is as unpopular as you would wish him to be could possibly have a gravy train that anyone could make money out of.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I didn't expect you to admire any of it. I expected the reaction from you that you just gave. What puzzles me is how you think a person who is as unpopular as you would wish him to be could possibly have a gravy train that anyone could make money out of.
I couldn't give a flying fark if he's perceived as popular or not. What I care about is whether his empire and money making scheming is built on feet of clay and cheating. I resent the fact that he took systematic team doping to unprecedented levels and along the way bullied and dragged cycling down to profound depths from which it is only slowly emerging. I resent the way he got support and succour from the authorities who should only have been interested in eradicating drug abuse.
Apart from that I don't really have an opinion.

400bhp

Guru

What else would you expect them today - read between the lines. I've even helped by emboldening bits for you. Present continuous. No certainties for the future. Nike's is even less certain.

So Armstrong's selfless promotion hasn't worked then, while he's been filling his pockets?

Now we know that you have a fixation that everything evil in the world from the apple in the Garden of Eden onwards is the direct responsibility of Armstrong, but even by your standards that is Bizarre!

We were discussing health screening and the lack of awareness in the UK.

The problems are manifold from ingrained "you don't bother the Doctor" to the British "stiff upper lip" where you accept "changes" as you enter old age.

Noodley

In case none of you nobbers noticed, this was started as a "fun" thread. Some light relief...sheesh!

What else would you expect them today - read between the lines. I've even helped by emboldening bits for you. Present continuous. No certainties for the future. Nike's is even less certain.

A far cry from their bale out as quick as we can statements in the Tiger Woods case.

thom

____
</begin Noodley ignore this bit it's boring>
an extract from : http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/aug/25/lance-armstrong-cycling-richard-williams
Eventually, however, it became impossible to escape the feeling that Armstrong was exploiting his standing as a fundraiser and hope-bringer to armour himself against the increasingly persistent attacks from those who questioned the validity of the achievements which had created the platform for his life as a public figure. His annexation of the colour yellow – the colour of the Tour leader's jersey – for his Livestrong charity seemed presumptuous: the colour belonged to the Tour, not to him. The teams of Livestrong workers who preceded the race's arrival by stencilling kilometres of road with the charity's logo and inspirational messages turned a traditional gesture of spontaneous enthusiasm into something rather chilling in its premeditation, however noble the cause.
</end Noodley ignore this bit it's boring>

Alun

Guru
I can't see any negatives there!
Maybe they will ditch him, but I don't see any evidence of that in those statements.

Alun

Guru
</begin Noodley ignore this bit it's boring>
an extract from : http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/aug/25/lance-armstrong-cycling-richard-williams
Eventually, however, it became impossible to escape the feeling that Armstrong was exploiting his standing as a fundraiser and hope-bringer to armour himself against the increasingly persistent attacks from those who questioned the validity of the achievements which had created the platform for his life as a public figure. His annexation of the colour yellow – the colour of the Tour leader's jersey – for his Livestrong charity seemed presumptuous: the colour belonged to the Tour, not to him. The teams of Livestrong workers who preceded the race's arrival by stencilling kilometres of road with the charity's logo and inspirational messages turned a traditional gesture of spontaneous enthusiasm into something rather chilling in its premeditation, however noble the cause.
</end Noodley ignore this bit it's boring>
The colour belonged to the Tour? What nonsense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom