Lizard Skin Bar Tape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick1836

Über Member
Any member/s any experience or views on Lizard Skin bar tape?
489410 489411

On 13th Feb this year I had new Lizard Skin DSP 2.5mm bar tape fitted to my road bike.
I have ridden the bike approx 446 miles is that level of wear acceptable ?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I don’t rate it at all. Disappointing.

Widget for me every time now if you like the stickier, textured stuff that’s brilliant when wet.

I really like it,wraps nicely and has a nice 'feel' and had no issues with wear;certainly not as bad as the pic above even with hundreds of km's commuting..

Milzy

Guru
I have this. If you ever have to unwrap it to put on different bars it will start to unpeal. It does attract dirt. It feels great to touch though.

YellowV2

Veteran
Similar experience here, it does seem to wear quickly. Although I like the feel and find it comfortable,

vickster

Legendary Member
It wears quite badly. Although my CX has done quite a few miles and it’s still good (red with inner tube/ other tape below)

si_c

Guru
I've had no problems with it and rate it really highly certainly a lot better than some of the cork type bar tape I've used previously, it's really grippy and doesn't get slick when wet.

I use the 1.8mm thick rather than the 2.5mm but the tape I'm about to take off my commuter is showing similar signs of degradation to yours, I've had it on just over 2 years and in that time it's done about 16k km in pretty much all weather.

That being said I wouldn't be happy with it being in that condition after such low mileage, I'd suggest contacting the company/the supplier to see what they say.

Top Bottom