Lock broken in seconds!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
I use a sold Secure Gold D lock - not because I have much confidence that it's thief proof, but so the insurers will pay up! I also hope that any thief will go for another bike with a less good lock on it.

I also use an alarm, which I set when practical. That has worked twice now, and I count the blood left behind by one of the would be thieves as a success.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
Kryptonite released their own version of 'bad bones' recently but I've not seen them in the shops yet. It's a good idea, as are those mini d-locks that leave no space for the hydraulic jack.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
skrx said:
So far, that's Halfords 1 - 0 LBS (I bought a defective light from the LBS, but they refused to exchange it, and I had to write to the manufacturer).
You got mugged by the LBS then, under the sales of goods act, if a product is faulty, the seller has to replace it, and not the manufacturer. Thus you shouldn't have contacted the manufacturer.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
my bike got stolen with the Kryptonite New York 3000 recently. Despite performing well in reviews...again if it's a bike the thieves want they will find away to get it- had locked it so access to it was awkward with two locks and was only gone for 40mins. Locks...limited in my experience!!!

skrx

gaz said:
You got mugged by the LBS then, under the sales of goods act, if a product is faulty, the seller has to replace it, and not the manufacturer. Thus you shouldn't have contacted the manufacturer.

I know. I emailed the manufacturer (CatEye) and they posted the replacement part to me the next day, first class.

If the LBS had replaced the light there and then, they'd have sold me the lock; so it's their loss!

Top Bottom