Lock Down Tea (Dinner if you are posh)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
5 egg bacon mushroom and cheese omelet. :becool:
What's the point of five ? That leaves a egg in the box.The whole point of omlettes is to use all eggs so you can get up in the morning to
"which selfish #$@t has eaten all the eggs and put the box back ! "

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ours is open Tuesday-Sunday and it was this Tuesday it opened-limited hours which is fair enough.
I'm surprised your chef hasn't got cooking in a Wok off pat by now, I cook most Chinese food at home with the exceptions being battered Pork/Chicken/Prawn 'balls', Spring Rolls or Wonton/Dumplings which I buy from a really good takeaway (Wans Garden on Glenfield Rd East) The ingredients are pretty easy to source in Leicester with the advantage of no 'Seasonall' (Monosodium Glutamate*) added.

* Monosodium Glutomate put my Mum in Hospital once, she ate a Chinese takeaway and later thought she was having a heart attack, cue Ambulance and a night in A&E before they discovered that she was suffering from MG poisoning. :ohmy:

Oh, I make battered pork and prawn balls and spring rolls. Though the latter I'm more likely to do in the oven. Plus thanks to the Hairy Bikers I make my own sweet & sour sauce and thanks to CC I also now make chinese curry sauce.

Actually, if you can get your mitts on a copy, "Cooking and Eating in Chinese" published by Penguin has some fabby authentic recipes. The best red cooked pork and egg fried rice ever. :hungry:

Also in lockdown I've taught myself to make bhajis and naan bread to go with my curries.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Oh, I make battered pork and prawn balls and spring rolls. Though the latter I'm more likely to do in the oven. Plus thanks to the Hairy Bikers I make my own sweet & sour sauce and thanks to CC I also now make chinese curry sauce.

Actually, if you can get your mitts on a copy, "Cooking and Eating in Chinese" published by Penguin has some fabby authentic recipes. The best red cooked pork and egg fried rice ever. :hungry:

Also in lockdown I've taught myself to make bhajis and naan bread to go with my curries.
A former housemate of mine (and still a good friend) is a Venezuelan guy who is half Chinese, he taught me how to use a Wok and the secret of Chinese flavouring ( Ginger, Garlic and Scallions) :becool:

A former housemate of mine (and still a good friend) is a Venezuelan guy who is half Chinese, he taught me how to use a Wok and the secret of Chinese flavouring ( Ginger, Garlic and Scallions) :becool:

Yep... Plus using lard rather than oil to fry.

This Penguin book is from the 1950s, written by a chinese lady. She says anything can be used to taste chinese, you just need to cook it right. The only thing I do is cut back on the salt, because some of the dishes are, to the modern palate, very salty...

Top Bottom