Lock Down Tea (Dinner if you are posh)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, I had bacon, eggs and beans on toast tonight... :whistle:

Landsurfer

Veteran
Me and the grandson had fish and chips on the sea front at Hornsea 2 weeks ago in the sunshine ..... loads of people on the beach and a lovely ride back to Sheffield on the motorbike after we had walked the F&C off along the beach .... very little traffic ... surprise , surprise ....

Landsurfer

Veteran
And the Green Owl cafe in Hornsea main street does a great take away pizza .....Ignore Google Maps .... it's well and truly open ...

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yep... Plus using lard rather than oil to fry.

This Penguin book is from the 1950s, written by a chinese lady. She says anything can be used to taste chinese, you just need to cook it right. The only thing I do is cut back on the salt, because some of the dishes are, to the modern palate, very salty...
I use 'groundnut' oil, it has the highest 'burn point' of any oil/fat.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Baked black pudding ..... fried apple rings, poached egg and hollandaise ....... yum ....

Lullabelle

Banana
I'm surprised your chef hasn't got cooking in a Wok off pat by now, I cook most Chinese food at home with the exceptions being battered Pork/Chicken/Prawn 'balls', Spring Rolls or Wonton/Dumplings which I buy from a really good takeaway (Wans Garden on Glenfield Rd East) The ingredients are pretty easy to source in Leicester with the advantage of no 'Seasonall' (Monosodium Glutamate*) added.

* Monosodium Glutomate put my Mum in Hospital once, she ate a Chinese takeaway and later thought she was having a heart attack, cue Ambulance and a night in A&E before they discovered that she was suffering from MG poisoning. :ohmy:

We are supporting local businesses.

Jody

Stubborn git
Usually a pukka pie or a home made curry with double cooked chips in the fryer. Takeaway Indian or Chinese very occasionally.

Well, I'm making sourdough waffles later, as my starter has gone a bit bananas and I need to cull it a little.

Will serve with fried bacon, butter and maple syrup. :hungry:

Top Bottom