Lockdown cycling newbie being put off.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Spotted this on the Bristol Pest (yes, they're a pest) site:
Bristol cycling newbie

Sad she's being put off by some idiot trolls who appear on every cycling or transport-related article the BP does.

Those of you in Bristol will be familiar with the pillock who calls himself 'LanceArmstrong/BradleyWiggins/LycraGammon (he's got multiple ID's).
I can only conclude that trolls are mentally deficient in some way.....

Slick

Guru
She probably just needs to stop reading the comments section.

Is that not what we all do?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have read the article, I must say say as she is a beginner I do have sympathy with her. But, she goes on to say that she has come off a couple of time with the usual grazes and bruising.
This to me shows a lack of confidence and road craft. If you can ride a bike you don't just fall off.
I think a little more investigation is needed on the reasons for the article and the subject.

I have read the article, I must say say as she is a beginner I do have sympathy with her. But, she goes on to say that she has come off a couple of time with the usual grazes and bruising.
This to me shows a lack of confidence and road craft. If you can ride a bike you don't just fall off.
I think a little more investigation is needed on the reasons for the article and the subject.

It shows the understandable lack of confidence and roadcraft of a beginner on city streets starting to get busier. That's all the investigation that's needed.

AndyRM

XOXO
The way I read it, she was more concerned about roads getting busier, which is understandable. Not much to be done there really, other than keep at it and gain confidence.

Personally I find that internet idiocy rarely translates to real life situations, but some people are more determined than others.

Top Bottom