Lockdown flatbreads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Can’t get any bread flour or yeast?
Normal flour, white, wholemeal, brown or whatever you have, a pinch of salt and enough water to form a dough. No need to knead, just roll out.

Heat a frying pan, no oil needed and cook for a minute or so on each side

Wrap in foil whilst still warm to keep them soft

Go well with a curry, or fill with whatever and roll up like a wrap. I’m having tuna mayo & cheese for lunch

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Just had mine.

You missed out “open all the doors and windows to let out the smoke” :laugh:

figbat

Slippery scientist
From last week...

8E780965-CFB7-4D67-B1F4-C3130FCEAF04.jpeg

Optional extras include brushing with melted (garlic) butter. I usually use yogurt rather than water, if I have any, or milk. A raising agent such as self-raising flour or baking powder means you can get the bread puffed up a bit, if liked. You can cook them on the BBQ too if you want.

Last edited:

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I'm going to try this for sure. Also, I think The Lockdown Flatbreads is a great pub quiz or indie band name.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I do it per the OP. At a guess about 300g of flour and around 2/3 of that in binding agent, but if it’s too wet or dry you can always correct by adding more. A good pinch of salt. This‘ll make 6-8 small/medium ones. A golf ball size rolled really thin will make a decent size. Use plenty of flour for rolling.

Last edited:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I do it per the OP. At a guess about 300g of flour and around 2/3 of that in binding agent, but if it’s too wet or dry you can always correct by adding more. A good pinch of salt. This‘ll make 6-8 small/medium ones. A gold ball size rolled really thin will make a decent size. Use plenty of flour for rolling.
Many thanks..
I'll make a note:okay:

Top Bottom