Lockdown? What lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It isn't a surprise at all I merely commented what I saw on my supply cycle.
This afternoon I rode my bike: I saw some families walking, some Kites, and some cars.
It was nice to be out.

The End.

Reactions: mjr
I agree it is not over but it is really important to focus on things that might make a difference. There is still a lot of mixing, kids at school, twins and buses running and people at work. my fear is that the furore about outdoor recreation is a distraction.
Exactly. Illegal rave just broken up in Bristol on the news. First lockdown G.Man police broke up 200 parties in a week.

Bike rides and Q's for KFC drive-thrus are not the problem.
Except to the Corona Moaners ...

But why are they going to retail parks when all but essential retail (KFC 😄) are supposed to be closed? Are people really that sad that they need to drive to a mostly closed retail park for their entertainment?
They probably don't have anything else better to do.

KFC, Maccy's, Costa, Boots, B&M, Curry's & Argos for Click and Collect all open in the one by me.

Last edited:
Just because you are allowed to do these things, doesn't make it alright. It's not in the spirit of doing your bit to try to contain a potentially deadly virus.
Alright or sensible?

This is the issue, if it's ok according to the rules then really there isn't a case to answer is there?

Morally, doing your bit, stupid or whatever else we could all come up with is just opinion.

PK99

Legendary Member
Todmorden is a small town, most of the 15,000-odd population being concentrated into a fairly tight area, constrained by steep valley hillsides. If we are made to stay in the town then those 15,000 people will be wandering about local pavements, the park, or a short length of canal towpath!

OTOH, we are surrounded higher up by vast areas of moorland and many km of country roads. It would be much better for people to be allowed to take to the hills and get away from each other. I am going to assume that the law will see the sense in that and not try to force me back down into the throng below!

I would have thought that given Todmorden has a reasonable range of shops (Aldi, Lidl, Morrisons) then driving to Hebden bridge to shop would be non-local, but heading out on the empty moors to exercise would be local. A cycling loop that took in the different communities of Hebdon Bridge, Burnley, Bacup and back to Hebdon would be non-local. ??

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Am I alone in thinking that this incompetent and mendacious government has achieved its aim of making us all blame each other? How is test, trace and isolate going? Does the trace and isolate part even exist now? Anyone heard from Baroness Harding recently?

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Test, track and trace will fall apart at the infection rate that we have I guess?
It feels as if it’s all connected. Are we suffering the current infection rate partly as a result of an inadequate or ineffective tracing system?

classic33

Leg End Member
I would have thought that given Todmorden has a reasonable range of shops (Aldi, Lidl, Morrisons) then driving to Hebden bridge to shop would be non-local, but heading out on the empty moors to exercise would be local. A cycling loop that took in the different communities of Hebdon Bridge, Burnley, Bacup and back to Hebdon would be non-local. ??
Currently he shouldn't be crossing into Greater Manchester. Council are saying within the borough boundary for travel/exercise.

Top Bottom