Lockdown? What lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
The plod turned up at the local park this aft'. A few of us were 'hanging out' in the shelter. They said we shouldn't be congregating in such a 'large group(4 sat/stood around 6 feet apart),especially when indoors'. I pointed out that the shelter has a roof,but no walls,so we weren't 'indoors'.....in a polite way of course. They seemed bamboozled by this and just wandered off.
Well considering you’re only supposed to meet 1 other person and be exercising, why wouldn’t they?

gavgav

Guru
I took a walk from my house, today and explored an area I’ve not walked down, before, even though I’ve lived here for 6 years and it was lovely! Countryside in a Town, goodness knows why I’ve not walked down there before. There was quite a bit of traffic around, when I walked back along the roads, but less than a normal Saturday.

cheshirerob

Herds of walkers around our way today. They all appeared to be showing the same depressive expressions of lockdown........

1610229152324.jpeg

Slick

Guru
Whilst my work is closed to students, I have been going in every day and the roads I use got quieter and quieter as the week went on but I do feel there may be further guidance this week for a tighter lockdown along with a warning about enforcement.

Maybe more a concern than a prediction.

vickster

Legendary Member
Whilst my work is closed to students, I have been going in every day and the roads I use got quieter and quieter as the week went on but I do feel there may be further guidance this week for a tighter lockdown along with a warning about enforcement.

Maybe more a concern than a prediction.
Why a concern if you have to go to work as it cannot be done from home? If you can do your job from home, then you should

Slick

Guru
Why a concern if you have to go to work as it cannot be done from home? If you can do your job from home, then you should
My concern relates to what little enjoyment I can still extract from life outside work will be further curtailed.

As for work, I carry out various tasks that can't be done from home that supports our learners. :okay:

pawl

Legendary Member
Last night’s news showed people out in Regents park Looked pretty crowded A place to be avoided I would have thought Derbyshire constabulary would have had a field day Didn’t see anyone carrying take away drinks though

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have just returned from picking up food supplies and pass two retail parks on the way. Car parks full, queues at kfc and as busy as any Saturday.
For whatever reasons, people are really not getting the message this time around. Police getting bad press too, for handing out fines to miscreants. No point having restrictions in place if they are not being enforced. Bring on the fines, and lots of them; IMHO...

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Last night’s news showed people out in Regents park Looked pretty crowded A place to be avoided I would have thought Derbyshire constabulary would have had a field day Didn’t see anyone carrying take away drinks though

And this is the problem if people are constrained to their part of town, city, village. It concentrates people into the available green spaces. It increases the risk of transmission.

If councils had some balls and actually closed off roads to traffic and opened up the full width to pedestrians/ cyclists / runners we would see people more spread out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom